Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add some bracing to my Forester XT but I need to know how many of the braces are the same parts as WRXs use and how many are Forester specific.

This thread http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/forums/showthread.php?t=2362 shows that the lower H Brace needs to be for a Forester and not a WRX but will the top strut brace from a WRX fit? Are there other braces available for these cars?

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
dont fully take my word on it , but I'm sure they are the same

·
Registered
2005 forester xt
113 Posts
???????????????????

Hello, I had a wrx wagon rear bar made by sti, and it would not fit my 05 fxt, also if you have a larger intercooler the front strut bar is tight?? Thanks

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
I have a Cusco STI front strut tower brace...

not a drop in, but with a bit of massaging, does fit... it does tend to hit the AC refill cap... but not too bad...

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
I have whiteline front and rear bars for WRX. Sedan bar up front and wagon bar in the rear.

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
tre36 said:
I have whiteline front and rear bars for WRX. Sedan bar up front and wagon bar in the rear.
It should be sedan bar up front and STi sedan bar in the rear.

·
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
3Boxes said:
Do the WRX under car braces fit the Forester?
Some do, some do not. It depends on the specific mounting points used.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
Porter said:
It should be sedan bar up front and STi sedan bar in the rear.
I am using the Whiteline Q/R WRX wagon bar in the rear. No way would I use a Whiteline rear sedan bar due to the bigger strut brackets. That involves more cutting of the strut covers and upholstery.

Different makes vary in design so you can use either sedan or wagon bars if you wish.

·
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
tre36 said:
I am using the Whiteline Q/R WRX wagon bar in the rear. No way would I use a Whiteline rear sedan bar due to the bigger strut brackets. That involves more cutting of the strut covers and upholstery.

Different makes vary in design so you can use either sedan or wagon bars if you wish.
I was referring to the sway bars, not the strut tower bars. I didn't read the thread through properly, sorry.

The wagon rear strut tower bar definitely fits cleaner with a notch in the upholstery, and allows you to retain the plastic cap. The quick disconnect works well if you get a Q version.

Front strut tower bars are the same for the wagon and sedan.

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
558 Posts
ANyone make an FXT specific front strut bar?

·
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
Jeffn said:
It's the same fitment as the STi. Why do you need an FXT-specific one?

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
Jeffn said:
^^^ What porter said.

If you source any Forester specific strut bars, the only difference is the price and maybe the part numbers. When I was looking at Whiteline strut bars for the Foresters, that was what I encountered. I met up with Subiegal to see the different pieces. The strut bars specific to Impreza were identical to the Forester specific bars. There wasn't any design difference. There was just a different part number stamp to it and the price for the Forester bar was more. I just ended up buying the cheaper Impreza strut bars.

·
30 Meters
2006 XTi - VF39 Protune!
5,892 Posts
What year are you asking about for the lower braces? It'll depend because the track width varies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts