Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I read this somewhere and have had trouble finding it again but does the Stromung (twin tip) catback exhaust fit on a Forester 2.5X? I thought I read it needed a short extension (about 2 inches). Also do the hangers line up somewhat? Any input on this? I would check it myself but access to any decent lift is limited, as is my extra time. Thanks for any help on this.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
I'm looking into the single tip for mine with borla rep headers and I'm pretty sure the only thing you will need is longer hangers in the rear to drop the tip. (however the dual tip may be a bit wide for the cut out in the bumper) I know you can get autozone hangers that work really well (someone can chime in with part number).

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
you can just use longer hangers. if kartboy XL ones aren't long enough, napa has longer ones. our rear bumper is a little further out than the impreza ones, so if you don't use longer hangers, it'll burn the bumper. you also have the option of a subtle-solution CF bumper protector, but i would still use the longer hangers. and only two of the hangers will line up.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
yea, plenty of folks are doing that now. no issues as long as you don't bend a hanger while changing them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts