Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester Auto
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the t belt on my wife's 09... I saw the stretch belt which I'm familiar with on other American cars...my question is does the universal tools sold by snap on, Matco, and Mac work with the subaru or am I better off getting the gates brand kit specific to the car??? I guess the specific is designed to work here but is it worth doing with the universal??? Opinions are very wanted here thanks matt:confused:

·
Registered
2003 Forester Auto
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All they have is universal tools which is what I have but I'm wondering if getting the brand specific is worth while. Thanks though. I won't need that holder as mine is sohc but did your dohc have stretch belts and if so what tool did you use...thanks for the way quick reply though

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,064 Posts
It helps.

IIRC the belt sold at dealers comes with the tools, around $80 or so.

Or you can buy the tool and belt separately at a auto parts store, about a wash at retail, cheaper if you use a discount code....

·
Registered
2003 Forester Auto
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just ordered the universal install,removal two piece kit from snap on...my guy always gives me a good deal...30bucks...not bad...I really didn't like my old one. You really had to work the belt on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts