Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 X Premium 5 Spd
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ultamate Tool Guy,

With the new (08+ Impreza / 09+ Foz) cars having a new "stretch" accesory belt for the AC and Subaru have a specialty tool for installing/Removing this belt would you know of a less expensive alternative?

If the tool can be sourced inexpensively enough it would be a good alternative to people swapping back to the old style tensioner and belt configuration. I never had an issue but the tensioner had a tendency to break and it seems to me that installing that on a car that eliminated an issue would not be the right direction to go.

Let me know what you think.

Marc

·
Registered
2007 Forester
18 Posts
Ultamate Tool Guy,

With the new (08+ Impreza / 09+ Foz) cars having a new "stretch" accesory belt for the AC and Subaru have a specialty tool for installing/Removing this belt would you know of a less expensive alternative?

If the tool can be sourced inexpensively enough it would be a good alternative to people swapping back to the old style tensioner and belt configuration. I never had an issue but the tensioner had a tendency to break and it seems to me that installing that on a car that eliminated an issue would not be the right direction to go.

Let me know what you think.

Marc
That's a great idea Marc, sorry to respond so late. We put a few inquiries out there and we will let you know what we find. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts