Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium CVT
63 Posts
I'd like to know how long it takes for the bus to get up to 20 mph -- and how it is making a right turn!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i CVT
271 Posts
...if it uses the standard motor, probably doesn't reach 20 mph, or even 20 km/hr ;)

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where is the motor? Those VWs had rear engines, and the place where they were located is now in the area where the trailer is attached.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The cab is cut off right behind the driver's seat, so about the only place left is that slanted section under the hitch. A tight fit!

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
2,512 Posts
IIRC - The factory "pick up truck" version of the VW bus had a very similar profile and the engine fit in that stock configuration.
If anything is purely art in the picture, it would be more likely to be the trailer, but who knows... With enough time and money....
In any case, a very cool pic.

·
Dodgy Post Whore - eh!
2003 XT 2.5 AT
1,846 Posts
I'm from New Zealand; I think that stretched hippy-mobile is not.

Let's see... The image has been doing the rounds in the 'net since at least 28 May 2012. Note the cleaner quality of the image:

The biggest version I found:

It looks photoshopped. There's sadly a reason why ridiculous/ridiculously cool vehicles are only seen in small images.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester L AT
50 Posts
You don't even have to work that hard to determine its photoshoppiness. Look for repeating curtains.

·
Dodgy Post Whore - eh!
2003 XT 2.5 AT
1,846 Posts
isn't this illegally parked on the wrong side of the road?
The first instance of the photoshopped image I found was posted by someone in South America, so no.

The first instance I found of the photo of the genuine stretched VW was in 2008. It's only slightly different from the photo that was posted above.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts