Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I have a 05 Subaru Forester2.5X. Recently I am experiencing strange sound from under the steering wheel. It's not always there. Sometimes when the road is bumpy and I can hear the sound. I am sure it is from under the steering wheel and it sounds like something is loose. It usually disappears after I drive for a certain period of time. I wonder if anyone here also experiences this problem and can give me some input. Thank you guys very much!

carial

·
Administrator
16,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum carial.

Is it a knocking sound? Could be a loose sway bar end-link; this happens quite often.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got the dash noise in my '05 XT. If I put pressure on the bezel, it stops. I'll take it in for a warranty fix soon. Other noises include the tailgate (right side), the passenger side door panel and the glove box. Mechanically, no problems. I also get a one time click in the brakes the first time I touch the pedal after the car has set for awhile. My '01 RS did the same thing. I think this is normal per a thread I read on NASIOC a while ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same noise coming from my steering wheel area as carial has. If you bring it in to get it fix let me know if it covered by the warranty and what causes the noise. The noise only seems to come at certain temperatures and comes and goes. It almost sound like packing peanuts rubbing together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts