Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mostly wanted a mod to see this. I received a PM from someone (female name) with zero posts:

Hey,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"The most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently" - Pema Chodron
There was a link to more Buddhism stuff....

Suspicious??????? Anyone else get this? I've never gotten PM spam on any other forums. If it's not spam, sorry to whoever sent it to me. I'm doing fine, perfectly actually, so much so that I can't think of anything I could really need.

·
Registered
2003 2.5x
647 Posts
I just got one too....

Hey,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"The most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently" - Pema Chodron

---
Jeannette

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,890 Posts
Congrats to the Mods for picking up on that one so fast.
Thanks to the OP for telling us!

A quick reminder. If you see a post that looks suspicious, click the icon that looks like a warning sign, over to its left. That will set up an e-mail notification to the entire mod crew. We're nicely spread across the time zones, and pretty obsessive about this place, so your message will probably produce some pretty speedy action.

If the problem involves a PM or something else other than a post, then describe it in a post and then report that post. Don't worry--that won't get you banned just because it's your post that you 'reported.' Don't delete the offending PM. The authorities might want to examine it more carefully.

And be careful about links in signatures. Sometimes the post itself can be innocuous (though 'too innocuous' is often a clue that something is up), but the payload is in the signature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts