Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday being 60 degrees and sunny I opened up the moonroof for the first time. It behaved very abnormally. Rather than moving partway back on one momentary press and the rest of the way on a second press, it made me keep the switch down the whole way. And then on the way back, it again made me keep the switch down and moved only about 3 inches with each press of the switch.

I RTFM, and the situation seemed very much like the description of what happens if the roof thinks it's somehow impeded, though the manual claims 6 inch spurts rather than the shorter ones I experienced.

When I got home I checked for obstructions and found none. Even took my life in my hands and stood with my head in the hole, looking backward as the roof moved toward me to see if anything was stuck there. Then after a few times back and forth it suddenly started working correctly again.

I guess it's like computers--don't ask why; just reboot and try again.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
Mine did that once as well. I was trying to close it and it would only move while I kept the button depressed, and then, right before closing, it would stop and reverse itself like there was some kind of obstruction in the track (which there wasn't). Had to turn the ignition off and then back on, and after that it was acting normal again. Go figure... :?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts