Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5 CVT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I had the brake rotors in my 2014 Forester replaced and a drowning noise that was low is now beginning to concern me - the noise occurs when I'm driving 40+ mph.
Could it be wheel bearings? I had a similar issue with a Chevy car 20 years ago, but my Forester has only 51k miles.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5 CVT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumping this thread...

Is it "acceptable" that wheel bearings start making noise in a 51k miles Forester?

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,426 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "acceptable." It's certainly a bummer if you don't have an extended warranty. Here's another thread on wheel bearing problems:

Bad wheel bearings? - SOLVED!

I don't think it will really help, but at least you'll know that you're not alone...

Mike

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5 CVT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the information, everyone! I will call Subaru to see if the wheel bearings can be replaced under the Powertrain warranty extension my got car a couple of years ago.

And to think that I had a '04 Forester I sold with 135k miles and it was working like a charm - no strange noises.

·
Registered
2015 forester xt touring cvt
16 Posts
The break disk back metal plate is hitting the rotor disk. It take me long time to figure it out where the noise coming from.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
951 Posts
Just had a tsb concerning noise and rear brakes.
Part of the solution is a new backing plate

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts