Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

stp vs sti exhaust on FXT, pros cons

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  pleiad7 
#1 ·
I talked to a guy who has a STI stock and a STP exhaust for 04-07 sti. I am trying to decide which one to get.

Anybody have experience with:

How loud is the STI vs stock vs STI exhaust.

maybe I should buy both?

#2 ·
The STi exhaust is not quite as loud as the SPT, but the SPT will still pass the noise test for CA (>95 db). I've been running the SPT one for 6 years, along with a TurboXS stealthback. I'm still not tired of this setup and wouldn't change it for anything. Doesn't drone, but it's also not as loud and rumbley as some other aftermarket exhausts. It has more of a throaty tone to it. At cruising speeds you almost won't hear it, so it's very roadtrip-friendly too.

#6 ·
Not true, the SPT unit is 3 inches. I had to modify my old-style TurboXS midpipe and remove the 2.5" neck-down to match it up with the SPT axleback and make it inches all the way through.

#7 ·
I just talked to him and it is only the SPT muffler without the midpipe. The SPT muffler doesnot fit the stock mid pipe and hodges subaru said that the mid pipe is not available for purchase seprate.

I will either get the stock sti from him, if the price is right, or keep looking for something else.

how about a wrx HKS Hi power in 2.5 inches?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.