Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 legacy gt man
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a guy who has a STI stock and a STP exhaust for 04-07 sti. I am trying to decide which one to get.

Anybody have experience with:

How loud is the STI vs stock vs STI exhaust.

maybe I should buy both?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
The STi exhaust is not quite as loud as the SPT, but the SPT will still pass the noise test for CA (>95 db). I've been running the SPT one for 6 years, along with a TurboXS stealthback. I'm still not tired of this setup and wouldn't change it for anything. Doesn't drone, but it's also not as loud and rumbley as some other aftermarket exhausts. It has more of a throaty tone to it. At cruising speeds you almost won't hear it, so it's very roadtrip-friendly too.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Neither one is straight-through, and both are 2.5". I'd get the STi stock axleback because it's cheaper, that's what I'm running.

Stan

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
I run the spt and love it.

W/ some NAPA hangers it sits perfect with no melting issues at all (Please excuse the mess, salty roads 'round here)

·
Administrator
29,450 Posts
Neither one is straight-through, and both are 2.5". I'd get the STi stock axleback because it's cheaper, that's what I'm running.

Stan
Not true, the SPT unit is 3 inches. I had to modify my old-style TurboXS midpipe and remove the 2.5" neck-down to match it up with the SPT axleback and make it inches all the way through.

·
Registered
2004 legacy gt man
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just talked to him and it is only the SPT muffler without the midpipe. The SPT muffler doesnot fit the stock mid pipe and hodges subaru said that the mid pipe is not available for purchase seprate.

I will either get the stock sti from him, if the price is right, or keep looking for something else.

how about a wrx HKS Hi power in 2.5 inches?

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
I just talked to him and it is only the SPT muffler without the midpipe. The SPT muffler doesnot fit the stock mid pipe and hodges subaru said that the mid pipe is not available for purchase seprate.

I will either get the stock sti from him, if the price is right, or keep looking for something else.

how about a wrx HKS Hi power in 2.5 inches?
Id grab the SPT muffler and take it to a muffler shop and have them fabricate a midpipe for it or have it adapted to fit your stock midpipe. :cool:

·
Registered
2008 XT SOLD
86 Posts
If I want a stock STI exhaust, what year would I get for my 08 XT? Any STI year?

·
Administrator
29,450 Posts
04 to 07 will work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts