Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out and surveyed the damage in the neighborhood today... had fun watching the big boys do water crossings on one of the closed roads in the area. I think the water must have been close to 3 ft. deep, judging by how far even the lifted trucks went under.

This Dodge truck was submerged well over headlight level:

Other side of the flooded section:

We found a slightly smaller puddle for Subed to play in...

·
Registered
1985 GL SE Wagon 4WD
142 Posts
we lost power at skool today. they had the campus evacuated :shrug: within the hour and classes were cancelled the rest of the day and the campus closed. it was crazy here in Stockton too...

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Wuh oh someone's driver's side parking bulb needs replacing.

The beauty of these days is...

FREE CARWASH!!

·
Administrator
30,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, about a mile or so from our place. We had a pretty good size puddle in the front yard today and the storage shed has about an inch of water in it, but the house is OK.

·
Registered
2009 & Jamboree Motorhome
347 Posts
Nope, about a mile or so from our place. We had a pretty good size puddle in the front yard today and the storage shed has about an inch of water in it, but the house is OK.
Glad you are OK.. Been some years from the last time we saw this kind of rain..

Its going well for us here in Yreka.. Snow all day yesterday but to warm to stick so roads are bare with some Ice this morning.. But 20 miles south of here its a mess.. 6 foot of snow.. Power out.. Roofs caving in.. Interstate 5 is really only open to 4wd- AWD only with Snow or traction tires at this time but will change soon .. The Siskiyou pass is open but with some snow.. You can see some of the pics on the link.. Those cams you can not see are covered with snow or the solar panel is.. You can also check the Yreka and Redding CHP dispach to see what they are doing..

WEB CAM, N. Calif. Siskiyou County Amateur Radio, N6MRX

You can also check whats going on when you read this here.. But check the date and time stamp as they update only when some thing going on..

Caltrans District 2 -Northeastern California

Look at the cam at Fawndale.. Its where they stop traffic and make sure they have chains or what ever or return them to Redding where they can get motels and food.. If its a long line you know things are no going good in the Mt. Shasta area..

After a few days of no trucks arriving here we run out of lots of stuff.. So they try to keep too many from getting stranded here..

Snowdance

Flickr: snowdance38's Photostream

·
Administrator
30,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ saw that on the news last night... what a nightmare for the commute!

More rain under way this morning here in the North Bay... not so heavy anymore, but definitely steady. Russian River is now just 4 ft. below flood stage.

·
Forum Member
2004 FXT
955 Posts
^^ saw that on the news last night... what a nightmare for the commute!

More rain under way this morning here in the North Bay... not so heavy anymore, but definitely steady. Russian River is now just 4 ft. below flood stage.
Russian river is fun! I've white water'd down that before w/ some friends. I love the north bay... so green and purdy ;)

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts

This was 101 S in San Jose yesturday. Caused a nightmare for traffic at rush hour.
Holy.. I've never seen that happen in my 20 years of living in SF and 4 years in SJ..

I would've pulled out a kayak and commuted that way.. seriously! :biggrin:

·
Registered
06 Forester
389 Posts
guy at school was talking about a few people that got caught in a mudslide a couple of days ago. unfortunately they did not survive :icon_sad:

it's really hard to believe that there's so much flooding going on with just moderate rainfall. even the wide sidewalks at school have an inch to 2" deep puddles everywhere when they are supposed to be elevated than the organic platform with a very mild taper from the centerline going to the sides. :shrug: the 5 gallon bucket i left uncovered and in an open area in the backyard is just halfway full and that thing has been sitting there since saturday night.

I guess the infrastructure here did not cover the "in case it rains" area :chair:

i think it's time to make a paper boat..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts