Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys (and gals if there are any)
As a recent new Forrester owner I wonder if any of you can tell me what the cutout trays under the spare wheel cover are supposed to hold. I seem to have a jack in one and the handle/wheelbrace in anopther but what about the long one just behind the back seat, what the devil is that supposed to take.

BTW I shall be back at my PC tomorrow evening but then away from contact for a week.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
muddymike said:
As a recent new forester owner I wonder if any of you can tell me what the cutout trays under the spare wheel cover are supposed to hold. I seem to have a jack in one and the handle/wheelbrace in anopther but what about the long one just behind the back seat, what the devil is that supposed to take.

BTW I shall be back at my PC tomorrow evening but then away from contact for a week.

Mike
An umbrella I believe...

Steve

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An Umbrella!!!

That would be a realy handy place to keep an umbrella.

Lets think now, its raining.

I want to get out of my Forrester, but wait I have an umbrella, I just have to unload the 32 bags of shopping/whatever load from the rear, lift the floor, take out my umbrella, put back the shopping/whatever load.

How convenient?

I don't think so.

Mike

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, by the way. I tend to be sarcastic at times.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Walking poles and/or telescopic fishing rods live in mine.

Mike, is your car a blue S/tb by any chance? If so, I waved at you when we were in Leyburn last November, and you ignored me! Caused no end of amusement with the friends who were with us though; I'd just claimed that Subaru owners are a friendly lot who usually wave back :roll:

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
I have a tommy bar and fittings to get my wheels off in mine

also a first aid kit in another

·
Registered
249 Posts
My first aid kit lives in one but I've never found a use for long one - but a place for walking poles seems an idea.
Maybe surveyors etc have a use for it?
Waving back in Yorkshire would mean giving something away and I think that's against the local religion :wink:
Retires from thread - quickly :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
karma mechanic said:
I'm convinced they are for different types of gun.
If only it came with a "mother in law special" rifle....

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
I keep replacement wiper blades and a folding camping stool there for watching my kids play soccor or baseball. :)

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
I actually keep my torque wrench in there ....

Steve

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tentenths said:
Walking poles and/or telescopic fishing rods live in mine.

Mike, is your car a blue S/tb by any chance? If so, I waved at you when we were in Leyburn last November, and you ignored me! Caused no end of amusement with the friends who were with us though; I'd just claimed that Subaru owners are a friendly lot who usually wave back :roll:
Yes mine is a blue but a 2ltX, mind you there are three other blue Forrester owners whithin yards of my house, very popular car up here.

Mike

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stevem said:
muddymike said:
As a recent new forester owner I wonder if any of you can tell me what the cutout trays under the spare wheel cover are supposed to hold. I seem to have a jack in one and the handle/wheelbrace in anopther but what about the long one just behind the back seat, what the devil is that supposed to take.

Mike
An umbrella I believe...

Steve
Hah, just tried an umbrella and the curly handle won't fit.

Mike

·
Registered
2001 Outback
804 Posts
I keep my hand winch in the long compartment, had to cut away a little of the foam.

Fits nicely and the cover closes all the way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts