Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I've been hearing good things about these. Seem to be on the same level as HPS but a bit better. Also hawk seems to be getting cheaper with their production (especially for the front pads that fit the FXT 2 pots).

I'd go with centric rotors over brembo blanks (centric= stoptech).

·
Registered
27 car gear
846 Posts
I have them front and rear.

I love them.

I've been running Hawk HPS for more than a year now, and I've always felt they had a mushy feel with low initial bite. The Stoptech Performance pads, just bite.

I've also run Axis Ultimates, and the Stoptechs to me dust a bit less, but perform about the same for most daily driving tasks.

I have yet to push these at an auto-x or HPDE.

For the price, they are spectacular.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
So looks like these are the new "go to" pad for spirited driving and even some track use. Wish I had heard of these like 2 weeks before I did, would have gotten them instead of the my 3rd set of HPS. The lower initial bite of the HPS especially when cold is my biggest complaint (aside from the new cheaper production and stuck rather than clipped on shims in the front)

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah so I am pulling the trigger on these pads with the Centric blank rotors for my LGT front/rear setup replacing my (and soon to be up for sale) Stoptech slotted front/rear rotors with Hawk HPSs. I cant wait. :rock:

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Bumping an old thread, but OP did you go through with the stoptech pads and centric rotors setup?

Anyone else running either product and can comment on them? My rotors are warping and I'm looking to replace either just front rotors, or all four rotors, or rotors+pads.

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
62 Posts
I have a 04 XS Forester and use the Stop Tech Street's on the front with Centric Blanks.

After bedding them in, I stop on the edge of a dime. These are great pads. When I need to replace the rears, will use these.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Are you still running OEM rotors and pads for the rear? How many miles for the front?

I'm also wondering what the difference between the Centric performance rotors and the cryo treated rotors. Do they both have coatings at the center to prevent rust?

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The centric premiums are fully coated. Very nice rotors, I'm using them now. They're as good as the high end "racing" rotors, but without the stupid slots.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
I see, so the cryo treated has another layer on top then? A set of four for the cryo treated rotors is about $30 more than the premium rotors.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I see, so the cryo treated has another layer on top then? A set of four for the cryo treated rotors is about $30 more than the premium rotors.
No they're just "cryo treated" which does absolutely nothing. I see no reason to go with anything other than the centric premium rotors. High quality and low cost (same company that owns stoptech, powerslot etc)

·
Registered
06 Forester
388 Posts
Stoptech's here too and they are absolutely wonderful so far. Nice cold/initial bite and it doesn't fade.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Cool, good to know. Looks like I'll be getting a set and some centric rotors as well.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
'02 Forester Automatic
27 Posts
I'm due for some new pads up front and I think I'm also going to go with the StopTech pads. I don't do any AX or track days as of right now so I don't need to do an upgrade right now, but I'm not ruling it out in the future. I noticed the OP said he was running the Legacy GT upgrade on his Foz, is there a way to swap in some WRX stuff on a stock '02 Foz?

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
Hmm.. Stoptech doesn't make these in our stock caliper fitment, does it? It only makes them in 4/2 pot and Brembos right?

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Stoptech street performance Pads

Front 309.09290
Rear 309.10040

That`s what I have from two vendors and also checking myself. Someone correct me if they are incorrect.

·
Registered
'02 Forester Automatic
27 Posts
I just got on the website in the OP and it is giving me two different front pads for an '02 Forester S. I wonder what the deal is with that since one is about 10 bucks cheaper than the other?

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
Stoptech street performance Pads

Front 309.09290
Rear 309.10040

That`s what I have from two vendors and also checking myself. Someone correct me if they are incorrect.
Ah nice thanks. I had read last year on NASIOC that they didn't and their own site only pulls up posi quiet stuff.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts