Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
07 Forester XT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got around to improving the brakes and suspension on my 07 FXT after I got the Performance numbers up 270 HP/360 TQ .
MY 07 is a 4EAT so modification of the Master Cylinder to an STi or WRX MT was not an option - they wont fit.
I contimplated Brembos - but again wanted a balanced system that was made for my stock XT equipment.
I upgraded the lines and fluid as well but ended up putting on a Stoptech BBK ST-40 320mm kit.
Part of the fun of this upgrade was - my current Rota SubZero setup would not accomidate the brakes - so I did some searching on NASIOC and found a set that would. I ended up with 17in Rota Torques, which btw just barely accomidate the BBK kit - about 1mm of clearance (will make for fun if balance weights are not installed correctly)
I ran the car down to COBB tuning in Plano and Chris Fleming and the guys in the shop put these on in a couple of hours. While I was at it, I figured I'd throw on some Sway bars - Front and Rears. I must say the BBK kit has made a night and day difference. The BBK kit included
  • Lines
  • Slotted Rotors
  • 4 Piston Calipers - Bleck
  • New Pads

The COBB sways have defintely firmed up the ride - so much so a few things have begun to rattle a bit. Previously I had tried to just upgrade the stock brakes with Stainless lines and better pads. After living with that , even as a daily driver, I would say dont spend the money and go for a BBK, if you can swing it. The new Stoptech kit was not cheap - about $1000 / wheel and finding them used is rare - and the Forester specific kit almost non-exsistent in the used forums. I am very happy with the performance and braking is much improved. Having the experts put the kit on didnt hurt either - I figured - they account for 80% of the braking on an auto so better make sure its done right.
In the in between time of ordering and getting the BBK kit, I added a JNA - 07 Sti poly Front lip - and retro fitted it , it was a bargain at about $100, and seems to be holding up just fine.
The Center Caps are made by a company out of Houston - they are vinyl and sized to fit Rota wheel caps specifically.
Here are the shots:
STi Front Lip purchased from here

Stoptech BBK

Sway Bars

Rota Torques with Center Caps from UnderGRound Graphics

1 - 2 of 2 Posts