Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Subaru Forester owner and I love the car but stop with the jokes. Jon from CO. I’m here to get my questions answered about the car.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,897 Posts
@Ur2a welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

As to "the jokes", as you can see here, that's covered. :wink:

Forum Rules - Please read! Specifically here under the "Ground Rules":
3. Prohibited inappropriate content includes (but is not limited to) threads, posts, usernames, avatars, signatures, images or links containing profanity, nudity, sexually or otherwise graphic material, offensive language, political statements or other controversial subject matter, etc. Language filters are in place for a reason, please respect them and exercise common sense when posting.
As to getting your questions answered...

The Google custom forum search is pretty good.

You can ask your technical questions here: Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2019 Touring
242 Posts
I heard that a few months before I bought mine and thought it was sort of funny. I also heard that or you were from Colorado. To me it's no big deal and I'm waiting for someone to mention it.... I'll just say it's my wife's car.

·
Registered
2003 Forester SG9 XT 5MT
16 Posts

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,248 Posts
I just say I'm a closet lesbian. :wink2:

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
2,506 Posts
New Subaru Forester owner and I love the car but stop with the jokes. Jon from CO. I’m here to get my questions answered about the car.
I'm on Subaru #6 and until a couple of days ago, I had never heard about Subaru being associated with any particular sexual orientation or gender.
My neighbor said he'd have to wear a pair of fake glasses/nose/mustache to ride in his wife's new Outback, though he didn't say why... but I digress..

Yesterday when I was in my dentist's office, I mentioned I thought I saw my wife driving by in my Foz and she mentioned that three people who worked there, including her, had Subaru cars... She provided me with the first mention that I had heard that Subarus are preferred by women who like women who like Subarus.
While it's yet another "fact" that isn't all that useful, this is the second time this week I'm hearing about the same topic.

To me this matters less than the other thing she told me, that being her husband was killed while driving a Subaru.
I thought that might not be something to engender brand endorsement, but it turns out few vehicles would allow a driver to survive a head on collision with a Greyhound bus doing 75. It wasn't the bus drivers fault.

Point is, don't associate someone else's tendencies with anything to do with yourself and don't expect a "safe" car to save your life in every situation....or do, but you could then also be disappointed or dead.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
530 Posts
No passenger vehicle is designed to survive a 75 mph impact with ANYTHING that large, assume the bus's closing speed was similar, you're looking at a 150 mph impact. The human body isn't designed for that sort of instant acceleration.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Premium 2.5 CVT
112 Posts
The Toyota Rav4 and Honda CR-V also have a similar reputation (as a "lesbian car") according to some. I own both a Forester and a CR-V, and although I find it amusing I really couldn't care less about it.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT w/ S & S#
307 Posts

·
Registered
2015 XT Premium CVT
2,857 Posts
Someone made this remark when I first got my Subaru, I ignored it. No one has mentioned it since.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts