Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've read most of the stickys and many others besides but I'm still a little confused.

What are the standard xt and wrx wagon spring rates?

I'm trying to decide between a swift spring/excel-g upgrade or fit wrx wagon gear.

Swifts are 3.2kg/180ish lbs but I can't find info on stock rates.
So it's a little difficult to imagine how much stiffer the upgrade will be.

Some people say there isn't much difference between these 2 for handling or ride, just a bit more drop on wrx.

But, I'm thinking if I need to stiffen up later there will be more options on wrx struts

What do you think?

Cheers
weelz

Also, am I right in thinking if stock xt and wrx springs are both rated at 3kg say(I don't know what they are), that given the extra length the xt spring will take more load before hitting limit but behave initially the same - or does its length mean its initial takeup is softer?

Many qu's - hope you can answer some
Ta

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
The problem with going to a stiffer setup on WRX fitment parts is that the springs are usually just too short.
IIRC fxt swifts are stiffer than stock wrx.

How low are you willing to go?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max drop would be stock wrx drop(~50mm/2")

Putting in wrx stuff would be cheaper than swifts, and at least has 1 or 2 options to stiffen up.
I like the drop on swifts(~30-40mm/~1.2-6") and the ride should be better with longer travel struts - but what options are there to stiffen up later without replacing the lot?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts