Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 04 WRX struts that are not installed and just wondering if they're blown or close to being blown.

I'm able to compress them by hand pretty easily.. very little force required/dont have to really try and they take about 10-12 seconds to fully rebound. Is this normal or are they really blown? 25k miles on them(supposedly), none are leaking but, all 4 compress and rebound the same.

I was under the impression and had experience with other struts(non-subaru, non-stock subaru) that it takes quite a bit of force to compress them.. my mechanic friends also say they are blown but the seller says this is normal for stock WRX struts (and claims he had a fellow subaru tech check them and rebound times match up with what is said on paper)..

Been searching NASIOC but cant find anything and I just wanna make sure before I give em back
Thanks..

·
Registered
MY04 Fozzy 6spd
1,264 Posts
I have 06 WRX struts that are not installed and just wondering if they're blown or close to being blown.

I'm able to compress them by hand pretty easily.. very little force required/dont have to really try and they take about 10-12 seconds to fully rebound. Is this normal or are they really blown? 25k miles on them(supposedly), none are leaking but, all 4 compress and rebound the same.

I was under the impression and had experience with other struts(non-subaru, non-stock subaru) that it takes quite a bit of force to compress them.. my mechanic friends also say they are blown but the seller says this is normal for stock WRX struts (and claims he had a fellow subaru tech check them and rebound times match up with what is said on paper)..

Been searching NASIOC but cant find anything and I just wanna make sure before I give em back
Thanks..
I responded on your nasioc post....PS...did you send the little washer? :icon_cry:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts