Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
04 Acura TSX the slick 6 speed
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this would be interesting to discuss...I am meticulous about calculating MPG...of course we are talking about these stages as they relate to engine mods...and these numbers are for city driving only...

At stock and stage 1 my fuel light came on consistenly at about 225 miles.
At stage 2 it came on consistently at about 250 miles.
At stage 3 (custom tune, last 3 fill ups) it comes on now at about 260 miles.

I calculate every tank and my averages are:
Stock/stage 1 = 18.5 mpg
Stage 2 = 19 mpg
Stage 3 = 19.6 mpg

SO the bottom line for Jeff is, I get about 10 miles extra per fill-up which means about 240 extra "free" miles each year...this translates to about $35 which means that in 10 years my stage 3 tune will have paid for itself, if I keep it that long.

·
Registered
05 XT 5MT
308 Posts
edit:

I'll post one for stock. I get 18mpg around the city, every day driving to work and home. and I think about 24 if its all freeway.
snorkus delete k&n filter. 92 Chevron 10% ethanol. average I get 240 miles before my light comes on, if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
AP v2 running OTS stage 1 map
snorkus delete
k&n drop in
STI catback exhaust
92 octane chevron only

everything else on my forester is completely stock and i consistently go 320+ miles before my light comes on, i still have over 2 gallons left in the tank at that point too. i could probably stretch it to over 370 before i run out of gas...though i'm not going to experiment with that one lol!

·
Premium Member
04 Acura TSX the slick 6 speed
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't want to start another one of a zillion MPG threads...I was more specifically interested in people's MPG changes all in one thread.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
541 Posts
My MPG went down from stock to stage 1. Of course it could very well be that stage 1 makes it more fun to be accelerator happy.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Bump...nobody else obsesses about MPG like I do?
I check my mileage every tank. Free monitoring system to see if something is wrong with the motor. I seem to get better mileage with you , stock I get 280-290 consistently, fuel light comes on only 10 miles before I tank up.

We'll see what happens with I go DP, STI TMIC & VF48 + Protune.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
I'm going from memory here, since I didn't write the numbers down, but my estimates should be +/- 1 mpg.

Stock/Stage I: 20 mpg

Stage II: 21 mpg

Stage III: 22 mpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts