Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 sf6 now w/choo choo 4EAT
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to pick up my RSB Friday afternoon. It says it comes with the poly bushings but doesnt mention hardware. Am I going to have to re-use the stock hardware?? Is this a bad thing to do? The hardware looks dirty but not rusted out or anything. If I do need new bolts I assume run-of-the-mill Hardware store bolts will not be strong enough....darn.
I tried searching for topics like this but turned up nothing....I am afriad my search skills are very much lacking :(
I ordered the whiteline 22m adjustable bar w/polyur bushings for the 01 N/a Foz.
oh yea, I do know where to buy the right hardware. I guess I am wondering if anybody can tell me if it will come with what i need or not.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
The stock hardware will hold for a "bit", but eventually you WILL break the mounts. (right around the holes it mounts to the frame). Happens to just about everyone, including me. You can get sturdier mounts. Not sure if the STi mounts will fit your mounting locations, but I was running those, and had no problems at all. (and it was like $35 for the mounts, hardware and bushings)

·
Registered
2001 sf6 now w/choo choo 4EAT
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have read the SF mounts are stronger than SG, some people have trouble still though. Im only going to a 22mm so maybe I will be ok for a week or so untill I get money to upgrade the hardware.
Thanks for the good advice on what I am sure is a repeat topic.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,732 Posts
I broke my mounts (both at the same time) in 1 week with just the STI rear sway bar at 20mm. I would say just be prepared to replace them.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,732 Posts
You'll probably end up bending one or both of the end-links. When I broke my mounts, my driver's side end-link bent, and slightly bent the tab on the lateral-link a little (some people have broken these off, which sucks).

Of course, I was off-roading at the time, and had the passenger side rear tire wiggling up in the air. (thought I broke an axle or something else when it happened)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts