Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone... My search has finally ended, heh. I've been looking for upgrades for my forester for over a year now, and unfortunatly it is really really hard to find anything. Looks like you folks are the guys to know! ;)

Anyways.. I have a stock 04 5MT that I'd love to get some more performance out of. The car does great.. I have over 60k on it already and haven't had a single issue yet. Had to replace the clutch at 50k, but I like to race, what can I say.

My primary goal is to make my car dirt friendly... I have a lot of friends that are into desert trucks and rally. To do this I need two things... upgraded suspension (sway bars, towers, etc) ... as well as a few engine upgrades (turbo controller, intercooler, headers, intake, etc). Can any of you point me in the right direction? At this point I am not sure which items are compatible or can be swapped with the 04 STI.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated...!! Thanks in advance.

- Ken

·
Registered
1994 Miata MX-5 5MT
1,887 Posts
everything off an 04 STi will fit the FXT. it also includes later year 03+ WRX's.

the dp/up fit the fxt with no problem. our chasis is based off a WRX. so any suspension parts like struts/coilovers/sway bars/strut bars. brakes are the same as a 04 WRX.

I'd start with better tires/brakes/suspension. in stock form, IMO the FXT is pretty fast. lots of low end torque. just a dp/up/exhaust and the car is a kick in the pants.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Browse the suspension forum and the turbo forums. Most of our members keep their XTs on the pavement but we have a few that are pretty hardcore with the off roading. You will find a lot of info for engine performance. If you have a question, do a search for it, if you don't find anything, post up the question on the appropriate forum and you're almost sure to get a good answer.

Lispisgone said:
Good morning everyone... My search has finally ended, heh. I've been looking for upgrades for my forester for over a year now, and unfortunatly it is really really hard to find anything. Looks like you folks are the guys to know! ;)

Anyways.. I have a stock 04 5MT that I'd love to get some more performance out of. The car does great.. I have over 60k on it already and haven't had a single issue yet. Had to replace the clutch at 50k, but I like to race, what can I say.

My primary goal is to make my car dirt friendly... I have a lot of friends that are into desert trucks and rally. To do this I need two things... upgraded suspension (sway bars, towers, etc) ... as well as a few engine upgrades (turbo controller, intercooler, headers, intake, etc). Can any of you point me in the right direction? At this point I am not sure which items are compatible or can be swapped with the 04 STI.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated...!! Thanks in advance.

- Ken

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've got a couple of upgrades for you on this list:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=929343

The 3" custom STI catback and Turbo XS uppipe should give you extra horsies. I can even do the install for a few $$. The catback was great with my vf39, but I had to go to a bigger exhaust for my vf22 upgrade. I'll swap your catback and if you don't feel the extra ponies after the install, I'll put you back to stock at no charge.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DAMWAGN said:
I guess we scared him off or something.
hahahhaa... nah, I just totally forgot about this thread, my bad! I appreciate everything though, you guys rock.. I'm well on my way to getting my baby where I want her, thanks to all of the great info.

:drive:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts