Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Was wondering if an STi/WRX guage cluster would fit into the FXT. I like the look better, and have one that I could pick up cheap.
Thanks,
Bruce

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I believe the STi cluster is a straight swap for the WRX, so it is a horrible fit in the Forester. The two STi clusters I've seen in XTs did not fit very well and had tons of gaps. It would be cool if someone couple fab a nice bezel that worked better.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the STi cluster is a straight swap for the WRX, so it is a horrible fit in the Forester. The two STi clusters I've seen in XTs did not fit very well and had tons of gaps. It would be cool if someone couple fab a nice bezel that worked better.
That is also what i heard. that's why i went with a jdm fsti cluster.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Just having the tach in the middle is a huge upgrade! The JDM STi cluster I had for my Impreza was like that too.

Did you use the km/h to mph convertor on your car? It makes the cluster go to 240mph!

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't purchased a converter. I have my GPS that tells me my speed, and a sticky on the dash that has the rough conversions at crucial speeds (30, 45, 55, 65, 80).

My ecutek dash display also has the speed as an available display option, so I didn't think it was necessary when I can figure it out pretty easily.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
I haven't purchased a converter. I have my GPS that tells me my speed, and a sticky on the dash that has the rough conversions at crucial speeds (30, 45, 55, 65, 80).

My ecutek dash display also has the speed as an available display option, so I didn't think it was necessary when I can figure it out pretty easily.
I am still trying to figure out where the heck I can even get an FSTi cluster

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll let you know if I come across any others. I got mine from garage tuning when I got my fsti tranny. The cluster works great, the tranny not so much. :(

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Since they FSTI's in the UK I could probably help get some over here but no idea what they cost new from the dealer. One of my buddies is moving from the UK to Canada and it wouldn't be a big deal to have a few of these shipped inside his crate.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Since they FSTI's in the UK I could probably help get some over here but no idea what they cost new from the dealer. One of my buddies is moving from the UK to Canada and it wouldn't be a big deal to have a few of these shipped inside his crate.
If he can sneak in some SG subaru rain guards I will take 2 sets please!!!

joe r

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
When (if but most likely when) this happens I just may organize a Group buy on parts from the UK. He's having at least 2 containers shipped over so I can fill all the empty spaces with parts.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
When (if but most likely when) this happens I just may organize a Group buy on parts from the UK. He's having at least 2 containers shipped over so I can fill all the empty spaces with parts.

Cool, just let us know what happens. I'd would take you up on that 100% if it happens.

As fr gauge clusters from the dealer; you have to buy each part individually. I think it totally some where around $1000USD or even more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts