Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
I don't have that one, but I do have the GFB underdrive alt and crank pulley... lighter, smaller alt pulley matches the smaller crank, so no voltage drop at idle... had no problems whatsoever...

Double check to make sure that it's same size crank.. if it's under-drive, without a smaller alt. pulley you will get voltage drop at idle..

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
My .02

I got a budy who 1 week before getting his license picked up a 1996 1.8 Impreza. Now mind you he's 23, but for some reason never gone to take his test and become a driver. He liked my RS (having known it since day 1) and now is just smiten on my X.
So he's been working on it little by little. It needed an oil seal, now he's getting a power steering pump. The other day he recieved a short shifter that ended up being way wrong. In the process of talking he tells me of all these no name parts out there for his year model. The SS just hapened to be one of those. The tach he's been looking at is too...
In my head I keep hearing the same inspirational voice. If you want to do something, do it right. If your going to build something use the best possible resources. That translates into food, bikes, and cars in this case.
Sure you could save a few bucks here or there by trying these "no name" brands. What if they fail prematurely, cause other parts not to work as they should, or even worse cause catastophic failure...?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts