Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are these parts standard in FSTIs and would you see any benefit from the upgraded transmission mount?

TRANSMISSION MOUNT FOR 6M/T
japanparts.com : PARTS DATABASE
I would think it is not the standard mount since it says:
Reinforced rubber, Uprated from Stock

GEAR QUICK SHIFT LEVER ASSY / 6MT
japanparts.com : PARTS DATABASE

Fleetwood's car has a short shift (not sure of the make though).

In my 205 I upgraded to GrpN engine mounts (not transmisison mounts though) and the car felt better.

Also to fit the transmission mount is it a gearbox out job? If so there is no point in getting one.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2006 sti
99 Posts
Quickshift is not gearbox out.
Don't think the mount is either but I may be wrong.
Peaty did a write up some years ago on another forum, can't seem to find it though.
Have you seen these on ebay 230433027077.

Paul

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No, I wasn't aware of the B&M one. I have also been offered a 2nd hand GFB short shift which has a really short throw, it was fitted to Legacy specB and have been told that the throw is shorter than 1st to neutral of the existing setup(!) but can be adjusted a bit longer if I wish.

Both the B&M and GFB look very similar but the Sti seems to have a totally different design (yes it is assembled whereas the others are not but the Sti seems to have more parts to it)

Has anyone tried any of them? The problem with short shifts is that they make gear changes slightly stiffer normally.

·
Registered
2006 sti
99 Posts
I have a quickshift fitted. It's an Agency Power one I got new off of ebay.
It certainly shortens the throw, but also stiffens the gear change a fair bit.
It does take getting used to.
Saying that the wife drives it O.K.
Also changed some other bushes on the linkage for poly' ones. This also increases vibrational noise a bit inside.

Paul

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,575 Posts
No, I wasn't aware of the B&M one. I have also been offered a 2nd hand GFB short shift which has a really short throw, it was fitted to Legacy specB and have been told that the throw is shorter than 1st to neutral of the existing setup(!) but can be adjusted a bit longer if I wish.

Both the B&M and GFB look very similar but the Sti seems to have a totally different design (yes it is assembled whereas the others are not but the Sti seems to have more parts to it)

Has anyone tried any of them? The problem with short shifts is that they make gear changes slightly stiffer normally.
Prodrive/Sti supply the "complete" gear change mechanism whereas most after market suppliers just supply the gearstick.
Quickshift Gear Change - 6 speed

Have the Prodrive/STi 5MT complete quickshift on mine and its great.
My ex partners SF used to have a Rally Design short shift "stick" which was very similar in action but slightly taller.

Fitting these also makes a big difference..........
Kartboy 6MT stay bushing combo

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Cheers Don!
The one advertised in the subaru UK site is a Sti one(?) and is it the same for a 6MT Impreza and Forester I guess, so should fit?

If this fits:http://imwww.imgroup.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/Subaru_Accessories.nsf/WebInternetAccessories/73CB891786787BBA802575830051A909?Opendocument do I still need the stiffer bushings? Doesn't it come with stiffer bushings?

I have driven a WRX/GB270 with a prodrive (or Sti?) shortshift and although it was nice the gear changes were slightly stiffer which put me off but I guess you get used to this as fozzysti says.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,575 Posts
Cheers Don!
The one advertised in the subaru UK site is a Sti one(?) and is it the same for a 6MT Impreza and Forester I guess, so should fit?

If this fits:Quickshift Gear Change - 6 speed do I still need the stiffer bushings? Doesn't it come with stiffer bushings?

I have driven a WRX/GB270 with a prodrive (or Sti?) shortshift and although it was nice the gear changes were slightly stiffer which put me off but I guess you get used to this as fozzysti says.
Prodrive/Sti no difference as all WRSport upgrades were originally sourced by Prodrive for Subaru UK including the STi parts.(They now bring in some of their own)

In the US, SPT perform the same function.

It comes with a slightly stiffer front rubber bush but not as stiff as the "poly" bushes.

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,575 Posts
As per PM Forester quick shift appears to have a much reduced "stroke" compared to Impreza one. 30% compared to 10%)

I wonder if the original fits are the same?

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,575 Posts
The one I have fitted is......

UK part no: SACC2439 or Prodrive part no: SDST3501079000 (no idea of current cost/availability from dealer)

Specified as "Quickshift Forester 98/99MY" but fits all upto MY05

Transmission Quick Shifts for SUBARU

This one reduces the height of the gear knob and does away with the dampened lever.

Could also be achieved by just replacing the lever for aftermarket version.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts