Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...here's the question. I am assembling the remaining pieces needed for the Sti TMIC upgrade and the one item I am having problems identifying with regards to this upgrade is the TMIC brackets. I was initially under the assumption that I needed new Sti TMIC brackets, but the parts number feedback I received indicates that they may be the same as the FXt's brackets. That doesn't seem right, but I don't have a way to easily stare and compare.

Anyone that can confirm or deny this it would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok...here I go again answering my own posts, but for those that may be interested it looks like the Sti TMIC will bolt-up directly with no problems to the stock TMIC brackets of both the FXt and the 06 WRX. Both 2.5's have the plastic tanked TMIC's and the stock mounts are suppose to work fine when matched-up with the VF39 upgrade..or at least thats what I understand at this point. Guess I will find out once I get the Ap and get it all together .....someday.

Jeff

C

·
0 Posts
N10S said:
Ok...here I go again answering my own posts, but for those that may be interested it looks like the Sti TMIC will bolt-up directly with no problems to the stock TMIC brackets of both the FXt and the 06 WRX. Both 2.5's have the plastic tanked TMIC's and the stock mounts are suppose to work fine when matched-up with the VF39 upgrade..or at least thats what I understand at this point. Guess I will find out once I get the Ap and get it all together .....someday.

Jeff
Update? Do the mounting brackets line up?

I'm thinking of doing the STI TMIC upgrade on my '06 WRX. :)

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
They do line up, with a bit of convincing... but I found that if I bolted the tmic down, it would rub hard against the AC line... I zip tied the tmic down, but left it a bit loose... works fine...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts