Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200? Forester auto
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a Forester XT soon and I know they already come with some pep but id like to swap over the STI parts that would make it a wicked sleeper. Im not looking to race, but just enjoy the "passing power" that all the upgrades would give it. I've seen alot of 2004 Foresters that have been swapped but not alot of 05 or 06 models. In my area the nicest one with the lowest miles is an 05 and im wondering if 05 STI parts are bolt on just like the 04 to 04 part swaps. Any insight on model advantages or disadvantages as well as extra tips and knowledge would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 5MT
256 Posts
I'm looking into getting a Forester XT soon and I know they already come with some pep but id like to swap over the STI parts that would make it a wicked sleeper. Im not looking to race, but just enjoy the "passing power" that all the upgrades would give it. I've seen alot of 2004 Foresters that have been swapped but not alot of 05 or 06 models. In my area the nicest one with the lowest miles is an 05 and im wondering if 05 STI parts are bolt on just like the 04 to 04 part swaps. Any insight on model advantages or disadvantages as well as extra tips and knowledge would be appreciated.
Get a VF48 from a 2008+ sti as well as a 2008+ sti TMIC.

That's plently of pep right there.

·
Registered
2007 FXT vf37 swapped 4EAT w/ VDC
782 Posts
The SGs (04-08) are about 100% interchangeable with the 04-07 STi. If you get a pre-'06 you'll want to get a catless uppipe along with your new turbo and intercooler.

Cars101 has the differences by year.

Also you'll want to read this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts