1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these a direct swap?

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir. I searched but did not hit the right combo I guess.

Now I see that it "may" be easier to go WRX 2008+

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
220 Posts
Just get coilovers or Swift springs if your more on a budget.

Dont bother with the WRX Springs, etc.

Just my opinion...

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been mulling it over and I am going to do the Swifts. I had them in the 04 XT and loved them.

P.S. Just put in my request :)

The car has almost 50 miles on it. I can't believe I waited sooo long. Actually It came with about 30 so...

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,583 Posts
^ LoveSubaru, can you elaborate?
I only replied based on the information on this forum, if you have managed to fit Sti springs and struts well done but a reply like the above doesn't really help anyone other than your ego!
Let us know from what model car etc. so that others can benefit.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No big deal for me since my swifts will come soon. After mulling over how I would really drive the car they are by far the best solution.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Frito, fair enough but the purpose of the forum is to share information above all and others might want to know as well what has been done (apart from me :))
As for the search you mentioned, it can be tricky sometimes to find things, I just happened to come across the above linked post by browsing through the suspension forum (suspension modifications are my favorite hence the interest in what Lovesubaru has done)

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
220 Posts
Congrats on your order Frito. My experience with them have been good. Over 10k miles and no issues so far, knock on wood. The swifts have really calmed the boat feeling down but it still feels kinda floaty once in a while, hence my desire to get better tires.
Looks wise, much better too!

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,155 Posts
^ LoveSubaru, can you elaborate?
I only replied based on the information on this forum, if you have managed to fit Sti springs and struts well done but a reply like the above doesn't really help anyone other than your ego!
Let us know from what model car etc. so that others can benefit.
that is not my car...i cannot even affort sti set...:biggrin:

I will send my friend a email tonight to get more detailed info. That is from a asian website he sent to me few weeks ago...

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is very likely that there are differences in the USDM spec cars and the above pics.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Iceman12. I think they will work great. I do think that arbs and tires will complete the package. Not a rally car but at least a car that you control a bit more.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,155 Posts
fpan, part # sent

It is very likely that there are differences in the USDM spec cars and the above pics.
above pics is 09 XT

differences? I don't think Subaru will make several suspension systems for different regions

whole sti SH set & labor
total cost $2200

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Thanks lovesubaru , it looks like these are Sti upgrade parts for the SH imported from japan:
STI - PARTS NAVI / FORESTER
(SH->2.0 XT->Suspension). I guess they don't have 2.5XT in Japan but suspension should be the same as chassis is common.
Good choice though!

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep that is what it looks like. It only gives about a .5inch drop however. Goo or bad depending on what you want. I think it would be good.

Swifts at less than $300 are my only realistic option however.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lovesubaru, did your friend give you any impression of the new struts/springs?

Any chance they came with specs that he may be able to pass on like spring rates etc?

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,155 Posts
I will send my friend a email tonight to get more detailed info. That is from a asian website he sent to me few weeks ago...
That is not my friend's SH...He just sent me those photos awhile ago.

He owns a Legacy GT wagon

Anyway, I already emailed him to get more detailed info from the owner

If you really want to get those, get $$$ ready...not cheap...

whole sti SH set & labor
total cost $2200 This is oversea price...including approx. $100 labor(very cheap)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts