Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 Foz
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was able to swap in a pair of WRX struts and springs up front and it made an incredible difference. The ride is a lot better now. Its more stable and supple. I think its about 2" lower also. But I was not able to get a pair for the rear to match. I do have some STI springs though. I was considering swapping them in until I can find a pair of wrx struts. What i'd like to know is by putting the sti springs in the rear on my stock struts would I get the saggy rear syndrome? I think these will wear out my stock struts but thats ok since i'm on the hunt for a pair of wrx wagon struts and springs.
Thanks,
Toby

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
You won't get saggy rear, the STi springs are much stiffer.

STi springs are much stiffer than WRX, so you may end up with a dangerously tail happy car, also you risk the rear struts bottoming out onto the bumpstops which will add to the effect and shorten strut life considerably.

I can't really recommend what you suggest in any way.

Simon

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
Hey guys, I was able to swap in a pair of WRX struts and springs up front and it made an incredible difference. The ride is a lot better now. Its more stable and supple. I think its about 2" lower also. But I was not able to get a pair for the rear to match. I do have some STI springs though. I was considering swapping them in until I can find a pair of wrx struts. What i'd like to know is by putting the sti springs in the rear on my stock struts would I get the saggy rear syndrome? I think these will wear out my stock struts but thats ok since i'm on the hunt for a pair of wrx wagon struts and springs.
Thanks,
Toby
I am clearly getting old and jaded:rock:, but you really should know, having WRX springs and struts just on the front with the Forester stuff on the back is a recipe for poor handling at best and is actually dangerous at worst. Skip the STI springs and find a set of rear WRX struts and springs. And in the mean time think about putting your Forester struts and springs back on the front. Call one of the subie shops in texas, I bet you can get a set of used rear springs/struts wicked cheap.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
Yeah man. Sure, we adjust damping and spring rates from front to rear. But the Forester struts in rear with WRX in front, not so good. Not to mention how badly oversprung the rear will be. Just a recipe for disaster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts