Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

will install these babies tomorrow! :bling:

instruction says it fits SH foz. when i ordered it, i wasn't really sure.

btw, looks like this shld be an easy install but since this is all new to me, kindly give me some pointers on the do's and dont's. i don't wanna overlook anything as ill be dealing with the gas and brake pedals here! toyota SUA rings any bell??? errrr! LOL! :huh:

tia! :icon_razz:

ps. i wonder if i shld get a matching or near-match dead pedal? suggestions would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i finally installed the pedal pads.

brake pedal pad install was a breeze while the accelerator pedal pad was a PITA!!!! at one point, i was ready to give up. :icon_mad: besides the needed tools listed on the instruction sheet, make sure u got good lighting source (small flashlight will do), small mirror (so u can see the back and what ur doing), a lot of patience .....and small hands/fingers!!!! im used to tinkering the insides of PCs so i was able to do this install..... eventually! whew! but even so, it was really frustrating! so for other potential installers, i got 4 words for u.... TAKE THE PEDAL OFF!!! it would save u a lot of grief! im noob and didnt feel comfortable taking my accelerator pedal off.

i already took it for a spin and i like it! :rock:

more infos & pictures about the pedal pads and installation here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/2010-jdm-sti-pedals-set-installed-63817/

ps. shld i take that masking tape off now??? LOL! why is it there anyways?

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah! tell me about it! ive installed it 3 hrs ago and im still kinda furious about this install! ROFLMAO! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
Nice! Thank goodness my Foz came with those (not as nice as yours) stock racing pedals cause I'm WAY too lazy to go through what you did. Looks great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts