SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"im a ricer baby! so why dont you kill me!" :D
*sung to the tune of Beck - Loser

YouTube - Beck - Loser

STi Shift Knob A/T - 2010 Subaru Forester #C1010FG200
STi shift knobs combine the highest quality aluminum and leather
materials, ergonomic shapes and ideal weight balance.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Very nice...

joe r

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
lol @ the instruction sheet;
wait, do I screw or unscrew first?
oh, ok..

I haven't looked but a common thing the cool kids(me too!) did to the mk2 vw was to take a pipe cutter and cut a few inches off the shifter stick, then rethread and reknob.. adjust height to taste...
AT were usually out of luck b/c of the switch on the shifter.. I wonder if these ones have goodies inside or if they are trimable?

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
oh, ok..

I haven't looked but a common thing the cool kids(me too!) did to the mk2 vw was to take a pipe cutter and cut a few inches off the shifter stick, then rethread and reknob.. adjust height to taste...
AT were usually out of luck b/c of the switch on the shifter.. I wonder if these ones have goodies inside or if they are trimable?
SG (and I guess SH too) just have a threaded metal rod. The stock knob has a ton of material above the rod though, I have a yelnat's AT knob and it sits a bit lower.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, ok..
being a noob myself, before i go tackle some changes on my foz, id like to see and know everything about it first. this might be a no-brainer mundane task for other people but for some.... :biggrin:

i posted the sheet for this particular item so people will see what it says - part #, description and applicable vehicle infos. 'might be helpful to other people who are looking into this item. :)

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
being a noob myself, before i go tackle some changes on my foz, id like to see and know everything about it first. this might be a no-brainer mundane task for other people but for some.... :biggrin:

i posted the sheet for this particular item so people will see what it says - part #, description and applicable vehicle infos. 'might be helpful to other people who are looking into this item. :)
Hey, thx for the post. I was thinking about buying this exact shift knob for my new Forester. The Subaru website says $315.73 Cdn +tax and .2 hours of install time (=$22.00 install charge)

Is it really that easy to install?? And sorry for sounding retarded but when you screw the shift knob on how do you ensure that the "STI" logo remains straight.

Thx

D.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, thx for the post. I was thinking about buying this exact shift knob for my new Forester. The Subaru website says $315.73 Cdn +tax and .2 hours of install time (=$22.00 install charge)

Is it really that easy to install?? And sorry for sounding retarded but when you screw the shift knob on how do you ensure that the "STI" logo remains straight.

Thx

D.
yeah it really is THAT easy to install. even a caveman can do it! lol! :biggrin:

how do you ensure that the "STI" logo remains straight.
when ur screwing it, after some cycle it might feel like it's already tight but when u look at it, the logo wont be straight... just twist it a little bit more and it shld align and fit perfectly.

check ur pm btw. :p

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
less than fi-ty! lol!
I paid too much for mine. I've learned my lesson.

Now... is it just me or does the "mod" bug REALLY hit you when you own a Subaru?? I've had mine for 4 days and I already bought this STI shifter and now I'm looking to upgrade the dual exhaust to some larger stainless ones... except I'm no expert at doing mods and I highly doubt the install will be as easy as this shift knob.

D.

·
Registered
2011 2.5X Premium 5MT
53 Posts
The knob has it's own threads? How convenient! :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts