Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT AUTO
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have read the forums for several hours all the way back to 06 in some cases. I have found a plethora of info on here and am greatful. I have an 04 FXT and am currently doing all my suspsension. Swift Springs, KYB struts and STI RSB. What I understand is that the 20MM RSB will require a stronger RSB mount. The STI mounts are fine, but they are shorter than the stock FXT mounts. Since my suspension will basically be stock height (swifts & KYBs) then the bar can flip because the geometry will be off. I have found a few different options and would like to know what you suggest:

1. 20MM sti RSB, sti mounts, slightly longer end links such as Kartboys (to compensate for the shorter sti mounts), and some whiteline lateral link support brackets
2.20MM sti RSB, forester specific whiteline heavy duty mounts (same size as stock but stronger), stock end links, and whiteline lateral link support brackets

Or a different option that I may have missed. Again, I read several posts addressing these issues, but would like to hear from a few people who have run different set ups and can recommend the best coarse of action. I do not AUTO X or track the car. It is a street car that sees occasional light off road duty. Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated. TK

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,431 Posts
It's very rare for the bar to flip - it's a possibility if the suspension is completely unloaded, e.g. with the car on a lift, but not under normal operation. I've been running that very setup (KYB-GR2 struts with Swifts, 20mm STi RSB with matching mounts) for many years with no issue.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,431 Posts
Kartboy endlinks and STi aluminum lateral links.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts