Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start looking for winter tyres and a set of 'disposable' rims to mount them on. Does anyone know if I'll have to stay with 18" rims to clear the calipers or will 17" fit.

Anyone interested in a set of winter tyres 225 55 16. Think they're Toyos.

Regards

Obi

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
971 Posts
I'm assuming you're asking about clearing brembos? Brembos can be cleared with SOME 17s, and many 18s, but not all.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Yes they're the standard Brembo's. Even with snow tyres you sometimes have to use chains, which are very good at scuffing rims; so I just want a set of ebay cheapies. I had considered Impreza STi rims but hadn't found any with the correct offset. Did any of them use a ET48?

Regards

Obi

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,481 Posts
Obi, you can use snow socks (Snow Chains for cars, 4x4, Vans and HGV - Fix & Go - Snow Sock / Snobootz - Better Than Tire Chains) if there is ice otherwise normal winter tyres and 4x4 do in most times, otherwise studded tyres would be best but unfortunately not allowed in the UK as far as I know(?)

Perkki, good to know that stock Forester 17" wheels fit. Where can you get hold of these spacers and are they OK/safe to use? I have read about different types (hubcentric etc.)

Cheers :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts