Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pedals are starting to wear out. I want to get the metal pedals that the STi has, or something similar to them (Including the Dead Pedal) Anyone know where to get them?

Also, does anyone have a write up/instructions on how to put them on?

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Search around..the silver/pink ones are easily found.

I have the rhd gold/pink ones that are a bit harder to find. Instructions were in japanese, but the pics did justice. I had a custom metal dead pedal (AT) bracket made to make it work on lhd. It could be easily dupicated and mass produced, but no-one has shown an interest.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Thanks!

My main goal now is just to find a place where I can get them. Anyone know of a place?
I deal almost exclusively with Jackie from Annapolis Subaru. But for pedal venture to NASIOC (if you dare) and look for WRX and STi part outs. That's the cheapest. But since you don't have to (or shouldn't have to; in fact that would be the first thing i'd check) get the whole accelerator piece, any deal will have the whole set for a pretty good price.

If your accelerator pedal looks like this, you need the whole piece from a 2008 XT:

But if it looks like this, you'll be fine with the WRX pedals:

·
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Yes, if your accelerator pedal is like the one in the bottom pic I posted above. The pic above that is what they are calling "SINGLE-PIECE plastic accelerator pedal assembly". If you have the single-piece they will not fit.

Go check what you have and get back to us.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, if your accelerator pedal is like the one in the bottom pic I posted above. The pic above that is what they are calling "SINGLE-PIECE plastic accelerator pedal assembly". If you have the single-piece they will not fit.

Go check what you have and get back to us.
I apologize for the late response! My pedals look like the 2nd picture you posted (it's not one piece)

Do you know a specific place that sells the WRX pedals?

Thanks!

·
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
I apologize for the late response! My pedals look like the 2nd picture you posted (it's not one piece)

Do you know a specific place that sells the WRX pedals?

Thanks!
There have been two store links for those pedals in this thread already. Or call ANY Subaru dealer.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
The dead pedal mounts exactly the same as the stock plastic. Even uses the stock plastic clips to hold it in place. That's why I chose that one. The fastWRX pedal is dead on in looks too.

Some people say they get slippery when your shoes are wet, but it has been raining a ton here and I have had no issues.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts