Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited Auto
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will put some parts to create a FXT Sti... So I need the years of parts to do on my FXT09...

- Intake STi
- TMIC & Y-Pipe STi
- Turbo VF48
- Downpipe STi
- 255 Walbro Fuel Pump

I think to put all 2004-08 Sti parts.... It's ok or I'll put 09-13 ? Sugest please....

·
Registered
2012 Legacy 2.5i 6spd
593 Posts
Your 09 FXT is most likely set up like the newer WRXs, with the plastic intake manifold and the intercooler that will bolt right to the turbo it self.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but to be like the STI you would need:
intake manifold,throttle body, intercooler and hoses, BPV and hose, VF48 turbo, various vacuum lines, and some kind of downpipe! Also a tune either open source or Accessport. Your stock fuel pump is fine, but some do suggest to upgrade it.
OR!!!
You can go with what will bolt up to your current set up.
VF52 turbo (practically a VF48) from a newer WRX
Downpipe (Turbo back exhaust suggested)
upgraded intercooler (FMS is decent on the cheap side)
and a tune (accessport or opensource)
Fuel pump also suggested.

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
09-13 parts /08-11wrx parts.

If we want to get technically accurate you'd have to have the bigger oil pump and dual avcs (exhaust and intake) heads.

Anywho, what youve got planned will be plenty nice except, your car cant use a vf48. Needs to be a 52. Also thw sti intercooler and y pipe dont fit yourmodel either and the wrx has the exact same part numbers as you current cooler and inlet.

Oh and the walboro 255 isnt a direct fit. Youll need a deatchworks dw65 if you want no hassle. The walboro takes some modification(cutting up of fuel pump housing) and double o rings to make it work.

Youre thinking in the right direction but youve named all the correct upgrades for the models up to the 08.

Et, on parle français aussi si t'a des questions trop difficile a exprimer en englais.

J'ai fait presque la meme chose que tu cherch a fair avec mon 09.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2011 turbotek tuned fxt 4eat paddle shift
3,539 Posts
Get a vf52 instead. The only way to do what you want is to swap the intake manifold from a sti or get a process west tmic. Either way its way to much work. Also the sti downpipe is the same as your 09 xt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts