Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another fun year specific question. My understanding is that sti manifolds will only fit on 04-07 foresters due to the oil cooler (same with sti headers). From doing a search on here, it sounds like ‘08 got rid of the cooler sandwich that caused the issue, so I am wondering if there is anything else that would prevent sti manifolds or crossover pipes from working on my ‘08 xt.

see quote in question below:
Actually Subaru eliminated the oil cooler in the 08 which was a costly $300 mistake I made when I installed my ELH.

I still have a brand new sti oil cooler and oil feed pipe sitting in my garage that I don't need. Oh well...at least I had plenty of room to install a Mocal sandwich plate to run an external oil cooler.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they happen to be a set that i could find locally, i'm planning to do a bit of a polish job and gasket match on them. my main concern is fitment on an '08, and if i need to buy anything else.

·
Registered
07 FXT
828 Posts
Again, why bother? I've had both. I installed them on my 07, they worked fine. The tuner I went to laughed and said it was a complete waste of time. A real header will get you some gains, but nowhere near what everybody would like to believe, it just isn't the primary weak link in the system. Do a turbo upgrade first. Anything bigger than a VF, do the injectors. At 350 whp or more then a good ELH header MIGHT net you 10 whp or so, it ends up being a significant mod with not much payback. Main benefits I've got from going ELH are less boomy exhaust, and more even and slightly lower EGT.

Have you done a VF turbo with supporting mods yet? Way better results for similar money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts