Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for a deal on a set of STI lateral links. Not sure if I want the pillowball or the aluminum ones. I'd like to keep it around the $500 range. Any sugestions, or know where to find the screaming deal. I also want a perrin RSB with HD mounts. So you seen those on blow out any where I'll take that link too.

Thanks in advance. :D

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
Aren't the aluminum pillow ball point as well?

[FONT=TAHOMA,ARIAL]Made of machined lightweight hollow aluminum. Reinforced rubber rear outer bushings along with pillow ball spherical type joints which replace the remaining bushings provide for significant improvement in rear alignment control, handling response and driving feel. Forester XT models only.

Or am I missing something?
[/FONT]

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT MT Cobb Stage 2
858 Posts
tre36 said:
Aren't the aluminum pillow ball point as well? Or am I missing something?
Yes, except for the outer rear (next to the RSB end link tabs).

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the aluminum ones use a urathane bushing. The one we were refering to asa pillow ball have a steel sperical ball in the mount.

Aluminum:

Pillows:

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

***edit***

Just realize I posted a quote with the answers in it. I need some sleep now. :oops:

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a set of the pillows on my budies wagon and were farkin awesome. Went in nice and easy too. I'm leaning that direction because I think there will be less of a chance of breaking something like the mounts that are welded onto the stock ones, or the tabs milled into the aluminum ones. Plus the pink looks good under the vehicle...

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT MT Cobb Stage 2
858 Posts
I got mine for $335.97 from langstonsubaru.com. It was a 30% deal on all SPT parts a little over a year ago.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
The Wraith said:
No the aluminum ones use a urathane bushing. The one we were refering to asa pillow ball have a steel sperical ball in the mount.

Aluminum:

Pillows:
This information is not accurate. All of those are pillowballs except the outer rear on the aluminum arms. THEY ARE NOT POLYURETHANE.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Do you have to use the endlinks pictured with the pinks or can you use aftermarket?

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wadejg said:
This information is not accurate. All of those are pillowballs except the outer rear on the aluminum arms. THEY ARE NOT POLYURETHANE.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi
"STI LATERAL LINK SET Made of machined lightweight hollow aluminum. Reinforced rubber rear outer bushings, along with pillow ball (spherical) type joints which replace the remaining bushings, provide for significant improvement in rear alignment control, handling response and driving feel."
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_69&products_id=788

That better? *sheesh*

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Really you are not going to find a better deal on the net than going through Jamie. I have looked at the pricing on her parts and compared them to ours (I just started doing the performance parts thing at work) and believe me, she is relying on volume more than mark-up.

:)

That and Jamie kicks donkey.

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Oh,

And that E-bay link will not fit STi models and unfortunately our stuff is STi length.

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've strugeled trying to find that valuable piece of information. Our bits are the same as the STI... Is tha the new STI (06) or the previous 05 and earlier?

*singing* BTW, looks like someones got a crush on Jamie *singing*

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
The Wraith said:
"STI LATERAL LINK SET Made of machined lightweight hollow aluminum. Reinforced rubber rear outer bushings, along with pillow ball (spherical) type joints which replace the remaining bushings, provide for significant improvement in rear alignment control, handling response and driving feel."
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_69&products_id=788

That better? *sheesh*

I'm not sure the sheesh was needed:( I just want to make sure everybody has accurate information.

Anyhow, you might want to consider these for the money:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872657&highlight=poltec+install
http://www.evokiller.com/product.php?productid=16825&cat=51&page=2

or even these if whiteline actually intended them for an STI:
http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/04sti-suspension.html

More info:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...p=25&highlight=aluminum+lateral+link+sti+2005

I went with Poltec which is really nice stuff but pretty $$$.

Adjustability is really helpful for proper alignement with the lowered suspension.

Oh, and for the trailing arms I would just get the Grp N or a polyurethane bushing pressed into the stock piece rather than getting the pink STI part. The $320 I spent on STI pink paint and two pillowball bushings just wasn't a good bang for the buck.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wadejg said:
I'm not sure the sheesh was needed:( I just want to make sure everybody has accurate information.
I was just playin man. Don't take it personally... :)

I've seen mall of those even had the whiteline ones in my RS they were killer. I'm just kinda confused as to what fits our foresters? Some people say STi, is that new 06 (I know those haave changed), older STI 05 or earlier? ANd then others say that the WRX/Impreza stuff fits... If I could that clearedup I'd know where to go from here. :evil:

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
The forester arms are the same as the 2004 STI arms. The STI arms changed length in 2005, but I believe are the same for 2005-2006. The info is in that link for more info above at NASIOC with measurements and everything. The key is 2004-2006 Forester XT=2004 WRX STI for all suspension parts. Oh, and that includes the front aluminum control arms from the STI that gives another 1.5 degrees of Caster for us.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

1 - 20 of 75 Posts