Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
spherical bushings do not deflect as the stock rubber, so alignment geometry is maintained during cornering and aggressive stop/go

The rear sway bar tab is integrated, not a welded on tab that can break like stock

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
If I'm doing 90mph into a sweeper at Texas World Speedway I can tell the differance btwn an OEM and STI/aftermarket lateral. If thats what your doing great. But spend your bucks elsewhere until then. There have been NASIOC posts where the endlink brackets have broken with the STI endlinks. PolTec and others make nice laterals. I've not crossed that bridge and speak only from reading.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Beside having stronger end link mounts, the pillow ball bushings on the STi lateral links are a harder material and easier to articulate. This minimizes deflection and helps prevent any binding in the suspension. I can grab the front lateral link and pivot it radially about the bushing. I'm pretty sure the rear lateral link will do the same think when the sway bar is disconnected.

Since some of the unwanted changes in geometry are removed from the suspension, it becomes easier to control especially in a turn. The biggest difference while driving was the feeling of the rear "tracking" through the turn instead of floating around.

This upgrade should be done after: tires, steering rack bushings and sway bars. It will require an alignment since your toe will be out of whack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts