Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a front strut bar from ebay for about 30$ shipped (not much risk if its junk)

it came in the mail and the first thing i realized was the ends were on backwards
so i removed them and test fitted the bar with none of the bolts and it looked like it was going to fit

i had some trouble getting it all fit together i found loose fitting all the parts and having the right bolt in all the way and very tight way the best way to do it.

1. remove the nuts from the strut top
2. place driver side strut top with bar attached tightened almost all the way (so you have to push hard to get it to move)
3. put on the 3 driver side nuts and keep them loose
4. place other strut top on and put on the nuts loosely insert the bolt through from the front and tighten all the way with a wrench on both sides
5. tighten both sets of nuts to about 13ft lbs (according to the forum)

here are some pics (i will be painting the pink)

the material seems thick and well constructed for the price and there is a noticeable better ride.
i got an eerie feeling when my body was expecting the car to flex more and it was resisted by the bar (cant explain it better than that)

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/shalootms-stealthed-out-x-07-sports-74761/

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
You know.. I wonder if the bolt holes still line up if we decided to put it in backwards for us NAs so that the bar doesn't interfere with the AC line...

We don't have a TMIC afterall.. I will have to try that

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
574 Posts
Cool. I've been thinking about getting one of those but I wasn't sure about it. Thanks for the write up. Yeah...that pink has to go.

Maybe on second thought Ill try one. You really aren't out much if it doesn't work out quite right.

Kenny

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
thanks for testing. i think i will redrill holes then to accommodate it in that direction.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Through a little playing around, it seems that 93-01 impreza fits 98-08 fozzies.

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
574 Posts
It looks like this is the same one I found earlier. Looks like the price went up but still under a hundred bucks with shipping. Not a bad deal. I think I'm gonna order one.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
I'm pretty sure I saw it for $36 shipped.

·
Registered
01 Forester "S" (FS)
518 Posts
I am not sure which seller the OP used. But, I have ordered my bars about a year ago, and he price has not changed since my initial order. They were always about $70-$80 Shipped.

For $36/ea US I would buy couple as well for my mom's foz.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts