Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
01 FORESTER
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all could some one tell if a sti intercooler from a 03/06 impreza sti fit on my01 sturbo thanks billy

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
No idea yet mate but just wanted to say that your car looks tasty. Good job!!

Welcome to the forum!

p.s. Use the search facility, put the kettle on and get comfy. There will be shed loads o info on your Q available on here thanks to some serious hardcore forester aficianados.

Gentlemen you know who you are :)

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
I fitted a 05 Sti impreza intercooler to my sg5
Foz but had to change the hood shroud to fit over the new intercooler as it's a good bit bigger , sure some one will be along to let you know for sure tho ;)

·
Registered
01 FORESTER
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks sheffsoob.just on with some work under the bonnet will have a good look on here.coopster like the foz very nice. if i put a sti scoop and the surround on will that do the job

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,881 Posts
hi all could some one tell if a sti intercooler from a 03/06 impreza sti fit on my01 sturbo thanks billy
Billy,

As always it all depends on whether your SF5 S Turbo is a "genuine" MY01 (Model Year 2001) The SF went "New-age drive train in 2001.

10th digit of the VIN will be a "1" and there will be no coil pack on the inlet manifold and no ignition leads. Plug top coil packs instead.

If that's the case then it should be pretty straight forward although its possible the brackets may need adjusting and you will need the appropriate bypass valve and pipework.

If its a late registered MY00 then its the classic type intercooler which can be done as below.........
Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / DIY - STi 8 Intercooler onto MY00 Classic

On your other question about fitting a TD04 do a search for that in here (Europe forum), you should find what you are looking for. :biggrin:

By the way welcome to the forum.:banana:

Don.

·
Registered
01 FORESTER
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for that don.my foz is the same in the pic so that will help alot.wots that all about then cos my foz is on a x plate 01?

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,881 Posts
thanks for that don.my foz is the same in the pic so that will help alot.wots that all about then cos my foz is on a x plate 01?
Same as in what pic? Your avatar or the scoobypedia article?

If its on an X plate then it was registered between September 2000 and February 2001.

The model year of Subaru's do not always match when it was registered. Depends on how the product was shifting at the time.
I used to look after a MY00 SF that was bought and registered in early 2001.
It was in stock and the person couldn't wait the 6 weeks before the next batch of 01's arrived.:biggrin:

·
Registered
01 FORESTER
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
same as the article pic.i get it now long day at work brain not working thanks

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,881 Posts
same as the article pic.i get it now long day at work brain not working thanks
So you have the "classic" arrangement so a bit more work involved.

·
Registered
01 FORESTER
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for that don .yes bit more work but my bro is a wiz he will help.could you tell me wot this ghetto boost mod is that i keep reading about?????????????

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,881 Posts
thanks for that don .yes bit more work but my bro is a wiz he will help.could you tell me wot this ghetto boost mod is that i keep reading about?????????????

Simon "The Rookie" is the man for that. Send him a PM with your email address I expect he will oblige with the info :biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts