Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an sti intercooler. It cam with everything including ypipe, bov, mounting bracket, ect. Do I need anything else to make this work correctly on my FXT? Will all the piping line up like stock?

Thanks

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Nice combo buy. How much, if I may ask?

Just need Silicone Y pipe if using stock turbo and finesse/nothing if 39.....

Dude, get a 39 and the COBB map is around the corner...

Good luck

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got the package for 350 shipped. I am going vf39 so I will just wait until then to install. I was going to do so this week, but if it wont fit on a td04 ill just wait.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
You may have some problems with the recirculating hose. Many people have forced it to fit but bending the hose pretty extremely. I got a STi recirc hose and it fits just right.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
it will fit a TD04 but you need to bend the AC lines down and back to clear the y-pipe and back-passenger side of the intercooler.

you also have to reverse the bend to make it mate to the TD04. Its a stretch, but it fits.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy who took this off his sti also wrapped the y pipe in header wrap. He took great care of it and for 350$ you cant go wrong when it comes with the lines and bov and bracket.

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Nice deal with the factory BOV, y-pipe, and brackets!! Got to be quick to act on those deals! Congrats!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but are the bov's different from the sti and forester. I always see the intercoolers withought the bov, and am wondering if the stock one works, and if not, where does everyone get their sti bov.

Bland...

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
bland said:
Sorry to hijack, but are the bov's different from the sti and forester. I always see the intercoolers withought the bov, and am wondering if the stock one works, and if not, where does everyone get their sti bov.

Bland...
Yes, the FXT and STi BOV are different. The output goes in different directions and the STi BOV's spring is made to handle more pressure. Get it from someone who is selling it...usually Nasioc.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Next question. Are the 04 and 05 the same. Also the 06 but I know they haven't been explored to much yet.

Bland...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
04, 05, 06 are all the same set up.

Sirwilliam, is the bov sound any different than the fxt bov?

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
The stock units aren't actually Blow Off Valves. The are recirculating valves so they do sound the same, pretty much silent.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the STI I/C on my XT as well and I found that the stock y-pipe fits better than an after market pipe. The after market samco pipe didn't seem quite long enough for the td04. It is very possible I just never got it set up right, but it works fine for me as it is with the stock unit.

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
This is exactly right. I had taken the legs off my FXT IC and put them on the STi IC to try to use my Perrin silicone hoses but it didn't fit right. I went back to the stock STI IC y-pipe and everything fit on the TD04.

Ubuster said:
I have the STI I/C on my XT as well and I found that the stock y-pipe fits better than an after market pipe. The after market samco pipe didn't seem quite long enough for the td04. It is very possible I just never got it set up right, but it works fine for me as it is with the stock unit.

-Andrew

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ZuMBLe said:
This is exactly right. I had taken the legs off my FXT IC and put them on the STi IC to try to use my Perrin silicone hoses but it didn't fit right. I went back to the stock STI IC y-pipe and everything fit on the TD04.
well then I may go ahead and install the IC this weekend. There shouldnt be any performance gain should there?

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
FXT, I also have an STI TMIC. I had to buy an STI BOV because FXT BOV did not fit. Plus I needed small clumps and a Y silicone hose. All the clumps/hoses I managed to find on Saturday while doing the install, but finding the STI BOV was a PITA.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts