2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,564 Posts
Gav,

No you do not need that as the FSTi uses a WRX size intercooler. Its what I purchased when I fitted Marky's old top FSTi top mount. (In reality could have got away with the special rubber skirt only as apart from an extension piece added on the scoop side, the metal ducts are the same)

As the FXT has a "Full width" cooler similar to the STi one you need only to modify the rubber skirt arrangement to allow for the extra depth towards the bulkhead and the increased height of the cooler. .

Best way to see what to do is fit the STi intercooler, remove your scoop so you can see how the duct lines up.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,564 Posts
A quick photo to show you how the FSTi rubber "Duct-Bellows" narrows to fit the WRX size intercooler.

The height difference where the duct goes inside the scoop (for better contact) can be achieved by some careful bending and a strip of thin foam draught excluder.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks don,
one more thing m8 can I fit the intercooler and injectors a few weeks before I get it remapped of should I wait till the day before?

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Fit the injectors as late as possible, you'll be overfueling significantly until its mapped, preferable to start the reamp (with new injector constants) straight after fitting teh injectors.

Simon

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,564 Posts
I looked at this, got one from a breakers, and there's a couple of problems to overcome.

1. The duct mounting holes for the STi are different to the FXT, so it will need modifying anyway.

2. Because the bonnet (hood) on the STi is nearer the motor than on the FXT the duct that protrudes into the enginebay is far shorter and you would need to make a longer bellows. (although some people don't bother with the bellows at all).

Would give fitting the intercooler first and seeing how the original duct lines up before spending more money on something that may not be any better.
And don't forget you've got a wedding soon (I hope :biggrin:)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very true on the wedding front :new_multi: , you are wise to be sure..........i will try and slow it down a bit - the spending not the wedding :biggrin:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Subtle Solutions and Process West both sell a TMIC splitter that works with the taller STi scoop and STi TMIC (assuming you have the taller scoop as well). Having seen both, the Subtle splitter is by far the better made one.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,158 Posts
Subtle Solutions and Process West both sell a TMIC splitter that works with the taller STi scoop and STi TMIC (assuming you have the taller scoop as well). Having seen both, the Subtle splitter is by far the better made one.
yeah but they are both US based are they not, and therefore think that the UK is a third world country so charge a billion dollars for shipping.

:mob:

Even worse, Coops lives in Ireland, which is worse than living in Yorkshire.. !!!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah but they are both US based are they not, and therefore think that the UK is a third world country so charge a billion dollars for shipping.

:mob:

Even worse, Coops lives in Ireland, which is worse than living in Yorkshire.. !!!
Very true sir and it's rep of Ireland to so even more out back then mr Dundee him self

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Actually, Process West is in Australia, but yeah, added shipping charges would come into play. However, they do both ship internationally, and the weak dollar exchange rate would make for a bargain.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Subtle Solutions have stopped production on there's and I can't seem to find a price on the other

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,976 Posts
Yeah but don't tell them. They're uppity enough as it is - learning all our sports....

I have the Process West splitter and it was a 5 minute install that really really really works. Haven't seen the Subtle one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts