Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
N/A
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Nice to see a buzzing community of forester owners all over the world!

I've only had my 04 Forester STI since January this year, but have already managed to have a slight mishap in it.
This slight mishap led to me using the space saver on the vehicle, which unfortunately got destroyed after a 300 mile journey home.
Had I known that finding this size space saver in the UK was going to be such a pain, I would have tried to get recovered.

My question to anyone is:
Do you know where I can find a space saver tyre in the UK, or for import, with the following dimensions: T155/70D17 110M?

Apparently Subaru can't get them in the UK and having spoken to Bridgestone and Continental direct over here, they're both saying they have no production runs planned or any in the UK.

If anyone would like to see what I managed to do to the original space saver, I'm happy to upload a picture!

David

·
Registered
N/A
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dpm.
I actually gave rotation UK a call earlier. TOYO have the same situation as Bridgestone and Continental, with no production scheduled and none in the country!

Thanks for the pointer on the merc. I'll see what path that takes me down.

David

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,734 Posts
What about replacing it with a full size spare? Find a good, used tire in your size and get either an OEM steel wheel or something with similar off-set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts