Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Premium
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the sti flexible tower brace and front support kit installed last week.
Purchased from Subaru

Pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Ok the big question is do you notice any change? I think in general the best you get is better turn in response. That is a positive for a Subaru.

So why in the world is it flexible though?

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Premium
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes a bit of improvement in turn in feel I think. Here is how Subaru explain the two parts added:

sti flexible tower brace: Revolutionary item developed by STI. The two bars are jointed at the center with a pillow ball bush. With this structure, the bar parries longitudinal forces while holding horizontal forces, resulting in enhanced ground contact of the 4 wheels. As a result, it dramatically improves driving comfort as well as delivering the driver a vibrant and sharp steering response.

sti front support kit: Attached to the front suspension cross-member, the front support kit is made of high quality steel that helps prevent the cross-member from flexing during cornering and improves the contact area of the tyre to the road and improved steering responsiveness. Increasing the body rigidity, handling, stability and comfort of the vehicle. Optimum handling performance is achieved when combined with the use of the STI flexible tower bar.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Premium
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok will build one once I get my post count up so I can post pics
cheers dave

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Well Subaru really likes the mod :biggrin: I did an STI lower tie bar on my last car and honestly never felt it at all.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Premium
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree on the feel of the sti parts installed, but I now have whiteline f&r SB are on order, now those should be a noticeable improvement mod.

·
Registered
2006 FAXT 5mt
525 Posts
one suspension mod by it's self doesn't make much of a difference. when you put on mods one at a time , once a month. yeah your not going to notice much.it's a combination of suspension mods results in everything tighting up. tower braces in combination with h brace. then sway bars and then some springs. and if you could do all that in one day , it;s like driving a new car.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Premium
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
agreed and coupled with a new wheel alignment with a small bit of neg camber in the fronts the difference should be significant from my experience.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
From what I read they won't give you much on say a skid pad in actual grip but do incrementally add to feel etc. I am sure I will do one of them also.

Now the F&R Bars will be a huge difference by themselves.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
the real question is will this fit the N/A model, I don't see why it shouldn't

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
I think it is possible that they make this bar with more than one bend (LHD vs RHD car).

I is marketed here in the states and that makes me think that they may have a specific one for us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts