Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FSXT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 06 STI Exhaust (2k miles on it) for my 08 FSXT and planning to install it through all stock internals (dp, turbo and up) and wanted to know if any engine management is needed. Do I need to go Stage 1 or will it run fine with the stock set-up.

Also, I've searched the forums and figured the only parts I need for this installation are the XL hangars. Is there any other parts I am missing or should get for this installation. Thanks in advance for your advice!

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester XT VF39
13,009 Posts
I ran my on my XT when it was completely stock. It adds a little rumble below 1500rpm and I got a nice little gain in mpg.

XL hangers is all you need to fit it.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT auto Auto
510 Posts
will Cobb (15mm) exhaust hangers work with the STi Exhaust? Or do they need to be XL Kartboy hangers?

What is the size of the hangers that will work?

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT auto Auto
510 Posts
You basically need 3 inch hangers.
does anyone know how long the Cobb ones are?

15mm is the width but I'm thinking it is just regular length hangers?

Also for those who have upgraded to STi Exhaust, how is the bumper on those who have not relocated the hangers and have just gotten XL length hanger? I have read that even with the XL hangers it will still melt the bumper?

:confused:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
I'm using SF centre section hangers (longer than the rears) to hang the Imp' STi axle back on my SF.

Simon

·
Registered
07 FXT
828 Posts
I have an 07 FXT and a axleback from an 07 STI. I used the XL Kartboy hangers, and the fit seems right on. No worries about melting the bumper, no need to extend the tip, looks like it's supposed to. You just lose the one forward hanger 'cause it's on the wrong side, but popular opinion is that it OK.

Also for those who have upgraded to STi Exhaust, how is the bumper on those who have not relocated the hangers and have just gotten XL length hanger? I have read that even with the XL hangers it will still melt the bumper?

:confused:

·
Registered
2008 XT
716 Posts
The system (at least my TXS) will hang a inch or so lower than a forester specific tbe. From the cat to the bend before the muffler. On a lowered car it looks really low but Ive been careful and havent scraped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.