Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2017 - STi exhaust on FA20 - NOT recommended!

('14-'18) 
24K views 41 replies 16 participants last post by  16fxt_van 
#1 ·
Hi people, im not sure in anyone here has done it but i went ahead, after a techy recommended it, and installed an STi exhaust on my Forester 2.0XT 2017. Here is my verdict:

1. Fuel efficiency sucks now
2. Sound is awesome but droning is pretty annoying
3. The CVT has a weird jitter.

I talk to Crawford Performance (they have nothing to do with this. I simply have good contact with them from other activities) and they said this should happen. Im now swapping to the stock exhaust and see what happens.

All back to normal...Mileage great again and torque is back. The awesome sound is gone. Bottom line, the STi Performance exhaust does not work for any vehicle equipped with an FA20 engines.

M FXT has the new 2.0 turbo and is not as torquie as the EJ25...That why maybe you did not notice any issues.
Final Verdict For now: NOT RECOMMENDED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#42 ·
the fxt 14-18 have a perfect taste for droning at low rpm. subaru with a ELH sound terrible either what exhaust system you have.
if you want sound extra nice sound try some after market with a low restriction muffler air flow axle back.
i tried muffler delete and finally hit the spot with the avo turboworld axle back.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.