Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
Joined
·
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my o2 WRX and getting either an 05 or 06 XT. I have a set of 04 STi Brembos on the front and am definitly not going to give them to the dealer. Will the Brembo calipers swap over?

Thanks.

Todd
 

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
Joined
·
29,456 Posts
They certainly will. Quite a few members here have the 04 STi Brembos on their XT's (including me), but you will need at least 17x7.5 wheels to fit them.
 

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
Joined
·
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the lug patterns the same on the 05 and 06 xt's? If so what of Subarus are they similar too? I have a set of V7 STi rims on my WRX now and would love to swap them over.
 

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
Joined
·
29,456 Posts
All Foresters still have the 5x100 lug pattern compatible with all late model Subies except the 05+ STi (which has a 5x114.3 pattern).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,310 Posts
You say the front's hook right up but how about the rear? and if they don't is there a kit to make them work?

Bland...
 

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
pleiad7 said:
They certainly will. Quite a few members here have the 04 STi Brembos on their XT's (including me), but you will need at least 17x7.5 wheels to fit them.
Tell that to the rally guys running 16's on them ;)

Or the rally guys modding the calipers to clear 15' :eek:

:)
 

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
Joined
·
29,456 Posts
bland said:
You say the front's hook right up but how about the rear? and if they don't is there a kit to make them work?

Bland...
For the rears to fit you will need to swap in the STi knuckles as well. Although there might be another option soon... Tom at Kartboy is working on a prototype bracket that will eliminate the need for the knuckle swap. He posted about it somewhere around here. :)

Hondaslayer said:
Tell that to the rally guys running 16's on them ;)

Or the rally guys modding the calipers to clear 15' :eek:

:)
Sure, if you have those nifty rally wheels... ;)
 

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
pleiad7 said:
For the rears to fit you will need to swap in the STi knuckles as well.


Sure, if you have those nifty rally wheels... ;)
Raceline RL7's :eek:




<---- Two sets in the garage.
 

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
Joined
·
1,928 Posts
Hondaslayer said:
Tell that to the rally guys running 16's on them ;)

Or the rally guys modding the calipers to clear 15' :eek:

:)
haha less rotational mass hmm spoon wheels 3.88


if youve got a big wheel its nice to have huge disks and calipers to stop em
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top