Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FORESTER XT AUTOMATIC
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I dont know if this was asked before, but does the STI brake booster/MC fit an Automatic Forester Xt, cause all the ppl that are installing this upgade r all manuals?

thanks

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Depends on the brake line setup on your stock master cylinder. Some of the MC's have 2 lines coming out the side and some have 1 on top and 1 on the side, just have to make sure you get one thats the same setup (although I think the STI one is available in only 1 of the orientations)

·
Registered
2004 FORESTER XT AUTOMATIC
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My brake booster/ MC part # Is 864-06407-3Y25 for the automatic.
I was wondering about will it fit...

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
BEST way to find out is to look at your current MC and ask the seller to take a pic of theirs and see if the line positions match up.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
BEST way to find out is to look at your current MC and ask the seller to take a pic of theirs and see if the line positions match up.
ABSOLUTE MUST DO!

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sports 4EAT
542 Posts
I got a STi MC and the lines do not match my 4EAT. The MC and BB are not compatible either. FOR SALE

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
uh not entirely true iirc... u need to match the right years or something.. i need to double check but i dont have access to 04-07 STIs otherwise i would catalog it all.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
I have an STI booster and MC in mine 06 4EAT.
I want to say it came out of an 06 STi but I really can't remember.
Pics matched the lines up though.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
165 Posts
How much of a difference did it make afterwods? Any more squishy brakes:icon_frown:?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts