Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. haha first off, before i get slack for it... the name stg2wgn came when i had my 2003 stage 2'd wrx that made 246-257 on surgelines dyno. haha. i picked this up after i was run off the road in the wrx and it was totaled.

Engine-
Custom straight pipe axle-back
Silencer Mod

Suspension-
2004 Sti Struts/Springs/Tophats

Drivetrain-
Cobb Front Shifter Bushings
Cobb Rear Shifter Bushings
Cobb Short Shifter

Visual-
Cobb Shift Knob
Debadged
Rally Armor UR Mudflaps (grey)
Tinted Windows
Custom Painted Center Console
Painted Calipers

Audio-
Image Dynamics iD8 v.2 Subwoofer
Powerbass a/b series 200x2 Amplifier
Sea-Scooby Custom Sub Box

Wheels/Tires-
18x8 Gunmetal Grey Rota Tarmac III (summer)
235/40/18 Falken ZE-912 (summer)
16x7 Stock FXT Wheels (winter)
215/55/16 Hankook I-Pikes (winter)

Done for summer-
full 5x114.3 Sti drivetrain swap
full exhaust
e85 supporting fuel setup
girthy stage 2 e85 tune

when the car got delivered to my house on flatbed

picking up the new rotas

after the suspension was installed with the new wheels

autocrossing in the central washington

with the fresh snow tires and stock rims

summer tires back on with new mudflaps

right after the new wheels were put on

custom painted dash by me

one of the most current shots

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,823 Posts
Looking good! Great start on your Member Journal! :cool:

Some things to keep in mind. The forum limits you to 20 images per post & you might want to consider a linked Table of Contents before you get too far along. :smile:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Forum Member
2004 FXT
952 Posts
Awesome.

I'm diggin' the center console. I was on NASIOC last night and was reading up on the Sticker Bomb fad... which is kind of what you did to yours.

Either way, nice ride ;)

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks bobby :) i actually just did that to catch up to date with the build. i will create new pages when needed. i will create bookmark links to different posts when i actually get around to getting my new tires and steering rack. the first things will be soon because im trying to get ready for autocross in about a month and a half.

and actually the idea came from the sticker bomb when it was very new. i was only for what i know, one of the first 2-3 people to paint it with acrylic paint by hand. i think the sticker bomb thing got out of control and old because the lack of creativity and diversity of stickers available. but thank you!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i traded with a very good friend of mine from seattle i know from school. theyre on his 04 wrx now. he wants to keep them for when he gets his own forester :p

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
picked up all new armorall products so i can detail the crap out of it for this next weekends pdx forester meet. also picking up my new id8 subwoofer and powerbass amp + wiring tonight from a friend who is in the car audio business. he was able to get me a smoking deal on them :) im picking up my new enclosure from chris aka sea-scooby this friday when i head up to seattle for friday and saturday. as soon as i am back saturday evening, my audio friend is helping me with the install so it will be ready for the meet and drive the next morning! ill have pictures up from the install and when i get the parts tonight.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Your kit is sitting in my garage waiting for a home! It should take a bout 3 hours for the install, depending on how much you BS!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha there will be no bs-ing! ill be getting back to vancouver at around 9 on saturday, and the forester meet starts at 1030 the next morning! haha plus im going to have to gas up, do some minor detailing work, and pick up the girlfriend in the morning. i should be getting up there on friday about 7-8 if that works for you to meet up.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
haha there will be no bs-ing! ill be getting back to vancouver at around 9 on saturday, and the forester meet starts at 1030 the next morning! haha plus im going to have to gas up, do some minor detailing work, and pick up the girlfriend in the morning. i should be getting up there on friday about 7-8 if that works for you to meet up.
I'll be in Auburn from 6pm to 7pm and then I'm heading back to Renton. I'll bring the kit with me so I can meet up with you anytime. If your taking I-5, i can generally get to it in under 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be in Auburn from 6pm to 7pm and then I'm heading back to Renton. I'll bring the kit with me so I can meet up with you anytime. If your taking I-5, i can generally get to it in under 10 minutes.
ill give you a call once im close to renton. i should be up there around 730-8 depending on how fast i can get out of vancouver after i get off of work.

I'm loving that center console!
thanks! im glad to see so many people have given me positive feedback on it between here and nasioc. i was flame suit on and ready because of the different look of it, but ive only had 1-2 negative comments out of the entire spectrum. im trying to decide if it would be worth it to see if people would be willing to pay me/ship me their consoles for more custom designs. i can paint nearly anything, thats just what i had wanted to do with mine :)

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gave the forester a nice wash/wax/window cleaner in and out/interior detailing and also picked up my new id8 sub, powerbass amp and wiring for my install this weekend! :D

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well good news and bad news. the box, subwoofer, amp and all the wiring went in without a hitch. the bad news, the amp could have an internal problem with it as it is only able to play to about 25% volume of what it is capable of and keeps blowing fuses. my buddy is just getting back into town and i am taking it his work so we can track down if there is a short and possibly switch out the amp for a new one if that is the case. it is still under warranty and is only 3 days in the car. when it is working, it sounds amazing, but crank to anything past 10-13, and it blows a fuse. pictures up soon, the install is factory clean and deserves some recognition.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha if we have another meet sometime soon you will have to. maybe we can get jut a pdx dinner thing set up in the evening.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i got all the kinks worked out of the system :) it turns out the sub was set up wrong and was losing a half an ohm and was just overloading the amp. lol thats what me and my friend get for doing the install at 1 in the morning. Today I'm also picking up a new set of 235/40/18 falkens (same exact tire) since I have already been happy with them in the past. Pics will be up tonight I promise haha.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5-speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
okay wow it has been a loooooong time without an update for me. i have put on the stockers and studded snow tires again for winter time, and have been mobbing around the eastern side of washington for a while now. I dont really have any new parts updates or anything but I stumbled into a job that I will be starting here when I get back to school in mid January. I will be saving up till about mid-late april when I'm gonna pick up a low miles totaled out sti and do a complete drivetrain swap. Motor, tranny, axles, diffs, brakes, suspension pieces, interior, the works. The plan is to also add on a nice full exhaust system with header, e85 supporting fuel system, get a solid tune and bury myself deep into the 12s at the very least. Dont expect much from me until then cause I want to get everything done at once :) expect big things from me and I am looking forward to being done for our NW summer meet this year!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts