Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT (CDN)
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New deck for Christmas, old amp/sub that was in our basement for the last 4 years. I went out boxing day and got some Polk Audio db-651's for the front door for $68 CAD from Visions in Calgary.

System:
Deck: Kenwood KDC-MP642U
Front speakers: Polk Audio 6.5" db-651
Amp: Pioneer GM-H50
Sub: Rockford Punch2 10" in custom box
XM satellite radio (already had)
64 GB high speed Patriot Xporter USB thumb drive

I must say, it kicks ***. Now listening to my metal and punk music is so much more satisfying. It almost made me cry listening to Machinehead - Halo when I first tried it out. :icon_biggrin:

I did the whole install myself, and it was quite easy if I do say so.

The hideous orange carpet is for my dogs.

Yes, the sub box is fugly, her brother made it for her like 10 years ago, ha.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT (CDN)
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, yes I have secured the amp so it won't slide. I punched two pieces if bar through both sides of the amp, through the whole foam thing, holding it in place.

I already tested extensively, and the amp does not get even remotely hot, just slightly warm.

Even so, in spring I am mounting dual 120mm PC fans, one on either side, to flow air through the compartment.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Liking that amp install spot, I'm going to check into that for mine. I too have an amp/sub sitting in the basement for the past 3-4yrs, gotta get it into action!

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT (CDN)
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
w t f
I totally had a pic of the amp in there, where did it go!

Edit: yeah the amp picture is there, weird, I had to refresh to get it to show up.
Here is a direct link, in case you can't see it.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2220/p1020490w.jpg

If you meant a further out view of the cargo showing the amp, I can do that later when I get back from work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts