Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT (CDN)
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New deck for Christmas, old amp/sub that was in our basement for the last 4 years. I went out boxing day and got some Polk Audio db-651's for the front door for $68 CAD from Visions in Calgary.

System:
Deck: Kenwood KDC-MP642U
Front speakers: Polk Audio 6.5" db-651
Amp: Pioneer GM-H50
Sub: Rockford Punch2 10" in custom box
XM satellite radio (already had)
64 GB high speed Patriot Xporter USB thumb drive

I must say, it kicks donkey. Now listening to my metal and punk music is so much more satisfying. It almost made me cry listening to Machinehead - Halo when I first tried it out. :icon_biggrin:

I did the whole install myself, and it was quite easy if I do say so.

The hideous orange carpet is for my dogs.

Yes, the sub box is fugly, her brother made it for her like 10 years ago, ha.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT (CDN)
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, yes I have secured the amp so it won't slide. I punched two pieces if bar through both sides of the amp, through the whole foam thing, holding it in place.

I already tested extensively, and the amp does not get even remotely hot, just slightly warm.

Even so, in spring I am mounting dual 120mm PC fans, one on either side, to flow air through the compartment.

·
Forum Member
2004 FXT
952 Posts
Only cause i'm curious, can you take a pic of the entire cargo area showing the sub? I'm about to put one in, and thought the only logical place was to put it under the rear seats... but this seems like another good idea.

:)

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT (CDN)
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last picture is the cargo area with the sub :icon_razz:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Liking that amp install spot, I'm going to check into that for mine. I too have an amp/sub sitting in the basement for the past 3-4yrs, gotta get it into action!

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT (CDN)
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
w t f
I totally had a pic of the amp in there, where did it go!

Edit: yeah the amp picture is there, weird, I had to refresh to get it to show up.
Here is a direct link, in case you can't see it.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2220/p1020490w.jpg

If you meant a further out view of the cargo showing the amp, I can do that later when I get back from work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts