Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a number of posts noting that the stereo in the base Forester has, shall we say, modest sound quality? Question: For those who have added the tweeters and subwoofer from Subaru, do those accessories make a meaningful difference?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
It all depends on what you are looking for. My XT came with the factory tweeters and six disc head unit. I found a fantastic deal on the factory sub woofer kit and decided to give it a try. It did add another dimension to the sound quality inside my Foz.
Will it vibrate the car next to you at the traffic light? No.
Does it make the sound system tolerable? Yes.
I had the opportunity to keep my existing Sat radio and steering controls by only spending a little over a hundred bucks (including installation). I'm happy with my decision. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Yes they make a big difference in sound.. over just the 4 door speakers. If your really into loud music though, you'd be better off redoing the whole system. But for factory its not too bad once you get some bass and more highs into it.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
^^ Agreed. The stock system with tweeters and sub were alright, but nothing special. I did a full custom stereo install thats nearly complete, and brings musical nirvana to my ears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts